Autozone Fires Employee for Stopping Armed Robbery!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone see the report where Autozone fired an employee for stopping an armed robbery in Va. with his own gun? Autozone spokesman said they have a zero tolerance for possessing guns in store! And to think of all the business I've given these idiots!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So he didn't get fired for stopping a robbery. He got fired for knowingly and willingly violating his employer's policies.

Big boy rules. If you play by them you don't get to whine about the outcome...

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They said they fired him because he brought a firearm into the store. Did not matter that it was to protect his fellow employees and humans. There was an item on Fox news also. I sent them an email through their site recommending they had given him "The Employee Of The Year Award" instead of firing him. I also stated that O'rileys is just down the street from Autozone close to where I live, and I will be using them exclusively from now on.

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, SMS, if I read this right, you wouldn't get your gun and take it into your place of employment to protect the people you work with because it's against corporate policy? I don't think I want to work with you!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No gun in the workplace--sounds like "The Roger Dale Stafford Rule to Protect Potential Murderers from Their Victims" clause of the "Corporate Rule Book for Expendable Employees", which is sub-titled as, "Why Our Corporate Dollars Are More Vaulable than the Lives of Our Employees".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, SMS, if I read this right, you wouldn't get your gun and take it into your place of employment to protect the people you work with because it's against corporate policy? I don't think I want to work with you!

You clearly completely missed the point of my post....therefore I don't think I'd want to work with you either. ;-)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's been a couple of threads on this. I'm sure the guy who got fired doesn't even care. Would you?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw his interview on Fox's Greta show. He said that he is hoping to get a job as an armed security gaurd. She put the word out that any one near his home town willing to hire him could call her and she would get in touch with him. He did like working there. He had been there a year and had made friends with coworkers. He knew he had done the right thing.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a multi billion dollar corporation knowingly allows employees on the clock to carry firearms, that corporation will be liable for anything that employee does with their gun while on the clock. If the employee has extra training and is employed as a security guard, then you can insure against that risk....but standard employees would not qualify for liability coverage for that risk. Not saying I agree, but that is the reality in which we all operate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom