Bad on so many levels--5 year old kills 2 year old with "Crickett"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simply removing the bolt on a Crickett takes about 1.5 seconds and turns it into a $110 metal straw with a stock. Not all have it but if it came from Wal-Mart it also came with an integrated lock permanently built into the stock.

Very sad.

A safe at twice the price is still a bargain when there are little ones around. It’s secondary duty is to keep my arms safe from theft/fire etc.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for both children, and their parents sent.

My son fired his first 7.62x39 round when he was 2.5 yrs old. (with Dads help of course)

Gun saftey is reviewed on a daily basis in my house.

He has more guns than I do. He is 6 and owns a Sig Sauer 1911 .22

He also owns a Savage, a Henry, and a combo Rossi

When we return from the range, we clear all action before we load them up, AND a second time before they go into the house.

Accidents can happen. You can not clear your firarms too many times.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad.
There was a link to mother earth news about it on Google News last night. The article mostly bashed the manufacturer, even suggesting that user sent in pics of their kids holding Cricket rifles, might be "disturbing" to viewers...

What it actually illustrates is that a seemingly "little" negligent act (Oopsies!, didn't know it was loaded [Sarcasm]) combined with parents leaving firearms within access of kids (or anyone) incapable of practicing the basics of safe firearm handling, resulting in the tragic death of a child.

Little bullet=Big responsibility. People tend to get slack on that detail.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is terrible..
Some kids are just plain stupid, it has nothing to do with parenting.
I hate to use the word stupid...But i have had many foster children some born crack babies..

My niece Is slow and she is not a drug baby ..I have a pistol that the family shoots crayons from or wax bullets.
I go through the safety with all of them and state NEVER point at a person EVER.. Does everyone under stand this...

They all answer yes....what does my niece do when she gets the empty pistol not 1 minute later...Points it at her grandpa and goes pow pow with her mouth..WTF!! She got an ear full.....She is 11 years old....
Some people are slow or stupid and do not need guns....

My prayers will go out to the family.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
even suggesting that user sent in pics of their kids holding Cricket rifles, might be "disturbing" to viewers..

Guess they would **** eggrolls if I posted this...

i826.photobucket.com_albums_zz182_skunkwerksllc_IMAG0134.jpg

Caliyanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is terrible..
Some kids are just plain stupid, it has nothing to do with parenting.
I hate to use the word stupid...But i have had many foster children some born crack babies..

My niece Is slow and she is not a drug baby ..I have a pistol that the family shoots crayons from or wax bullets.
I go through the safety with all of them and state NEVER point at a person EVER.. Does everyone under stand this...

They all answer yes....what does my niece do when she gets the empty pistol not 1 minute later...Points it at her grandpa and goes pow pow with her mouth..WTF!! She got an ear full.....She is 11 years old....
Some people are slow or stupid and do not need guns....

My prayers will go out to the family.

WHAT? Maybe I'm missing something with your post. A 5year old is not stupid, he's 5. The parents were absolutly to blame. How do you load a cricket and leave it laying around. I plan on getting a few for my granddaughters and the only time it will be loaded is at the range under supervision. If the child is "slow" do we really need to have a firarm within their arms reach. Again, I think I am missing your point. If so, sorry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another sensless child death because of stupid "Mah papi never locked up no guns and ahhm still alive", and "Don't tell me how to raise my kid" bullsh#t.

Everyone who ever touched a gun thinks they are a gun expert. Everyone who ever had a kid, and even some who've never had a kid, thinks they are parenting experts.

They are all usually completely wrong.

A gunsafe takes most of that out of the equation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom