Bad thing about living in the city...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had the same problem for the past 2 weeks; almost every night the smell becomes terrible. I've had thoughts of using my buckmark to take him out (if I can)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just use a trap and relocating him.

Ewwwww ... (Although I'm not sure you could get me to dispose of a carcass either. That smell is one of the few things in life I simply cannot handle. Even driving past old roadkill with just a hint of that skunky smell makes my eyes water so bad I can't see, my nose run so bad I look like a snot-nosed toddler and my stomach heave so bad I can hardly keep the car on the road.)

Yeah ... no ... I don't handle skunks very well ...

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You realize that if you pin a skunk to the ground with a broadhead, he's gonna empty those little scent glands before he bleeds out.

Many years ago I lived out south of Altus. It was one of those perfect fall nights, a south breeze was pushing the curtains out just enough so the air was deflected down on the bed, almost like a ceiling fan. I heard some rustling outside the window, then I heard a dog run up to the house, yelp and run away. Then guess what those curtains deflected down on our bed? The air was literally thick with skunk smell.

The school I taught at there had a storm celler big enough for all the students. We had to share it with a family of skunks one night. I just told the skunks, "Y'all stay over there on your side, we'll stay over here and nobody will get hurt." I reckon they listened, 'cause they all just huddled up in a far corner, we rode out the storm and everyone went home happy.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a possum up on my porch sniffing around the other night. I've never seen one of those suckers run so fast as he did when I opened the door to drop kick him across the street. He snuck off in the bushes and I didn't really feel like giving chase. Nasty animals.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You realize that if you pin a skunk to the ground with a broadhead, he's gonna empty those little scent glands before he bleeds out.

Perhaps attack him the same as a .22? One shot just in front of the rear legs to tear the muscle, and a second shot to the head?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps attack him the same as a .22? One shot just in front of the rear legs to tear the muscle, and a second shot to the head?
I've had to kill hundreds of skunks over the years while trapping. I've shot them with everything from a .22 to a 30-06 with HP bullets. Head shot, gut shot, they will spray before they die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom