Badger Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we have a badger problem in some of our alfalfa fields. Our farming operation is 100% no-till so once there is a badger hole, there is always a badger hole. So here is Dad and I's solution... We put one of our 300 gallon water tanks on the back of dads truck with 2in hose coming off of it. Drive around until we find a fresh hole, put the hose in the whole and let it rip. I would stand over the hole with my pistol and if there was a badger in the hole, he would be coming out of the hole more pissed off than a fat kid who lost his twinkie. Talk about some fun times! It is a rush to stand over a hole waiting on a pissed off badger to come out. If you have ever messed with a badger, you know they aren't a bumble of joy. Anyways here is one of the ones we got.

ai921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_Iphone2_14296.jpg

25-30 pound male

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you call them in? Just courious, as I've never heard of anybody calling badger. Only had one or two on the farm, and the bird dogs spot them, and they get shot. They can certainly ruin a farm pond digging into the dam.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard of calling one. Flooding the hole is a heck of a fun time! There is another guy in town that does it too, but he is a little crazier than dad and I. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, but he takes some bailing wire and makes a loop over the hole and as the badger is coming out, he yanks on the wire, lifts the badger off the ground and hangs it. This might sound cruel, but he does this so he has a whole skin and a skull to boil without a hole in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom