Badgers in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve only encountered one on my place, and I intended to leave him alone until he charged me while trying to fill a feeder. Let’s just say it didn’t end well for him.....:blush:

There is one living in a sandy area of a creek I ride the horses thru for exercise, and I too decided to live & let live. It's not afraid of a horse with a person on it. I've stopped taking the healer dog on my rides which is a shame cause he loves to go, because I'm afraid he'll see the thing and give chase or worse it will see him and chase him down. He's a big ole weenie, and I fear he wouldn't fare well in a battle with a badger. Whats the legality on shooting one of these things? I'm hopeful it will just move on, but I don't know that much about them.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or one of these... :D

t0_gstatic_com_images_95a5ad323e21d5ee0711aa0772a3ec3b._.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I happened upon one quite a few years back. I was walking a terrace in the middle of a quarter of wheat near Garber in late March, while the wheat was short. He popped out of a hole in the terrace and started walking my way. I moved out of his way and he passed by, growling and grumbling like a grumpy old man. I didn’t know how fast they were, but I was prepared to give him a chase if he turned my way. Fortunately, he went about his business and I went about mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom