Ballistic energy restrictions, the new gun control avenue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you even read what you posted?
Quoting from your post.

For rifles used in hunting and target practice, there is not much advantage to semiautomatic fire. The second shot at a deer or hog is going to be a desperate attempt at a fast moving target. And rapid fire on the gun range means you’re shooting for fun, not for accuracy. Semiautomatic fire is most helpful in situations when a shooter has multiple targets who can’t bound away as swiftly as a deer. If that sentence calls to mind mass shootings at schools or malls, now you know why semiautomatic fire has been at the top of the list for gun control advocates. Restricting access to semiautomatic rifles is the most commonsense reform available to us. It should be a no-brainer, but it isn’t the reform that I think can be most effective or get the most political support.

What fawking horseshat! I’ve taken 4 quail on a covey rise, multiple doubles and the occasional triple on dove, using semi auto firearms.
Controlled semiautomatic rifle fire on live targets that can move is easily disproved by YouTube alone watching folks down multiple pigs while on the run. We have members on this very forum that can disprove what was written.
Yes, Grandpas Mod 70 in 30-06 can kill three people in a row.
That was also part of the article.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I’m on this rant and unreasonably angry at the moment, stop calling ARs “modern sporting rifles”. They aren’t. They are weapons of self defense, tools for use in situations of invasion, anarchy, and if governments get too dick tater ish. Trying to make things sound like unicorn farts, puppy dogs, and rainbows to people who don’t understand firearms doesn’t educate them. It doesn’t make firearms less dangerous, it makes them more surprising to people who need to understand what they are, rather than being caught off guessed by them or influenced by what they are portrayed to be by media or otherwise.
Apparently you have drank the coolaid.
The last 75 or so deer I’ve killed has been with the modern sporting rifle, also known as the Armalite Rifle (AR) model 15 for non military use. M-16 for military use. Two different firearms.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last 75 or so deer I’ve killed has been with the modern sporting rifle, also known as the Armalite Rifle (AR) model 15 for non military use. M-16 for military use. Two different firearms.
Is your AR15 a less effective firearm than an M16? An AR is plenty effective for what we need it for. It’s an effective self defensive weapon. It’s a great platform for the range, training, and target shooting. It’s a great firearm for hunting too. I’m just saying you can’t keep coddling people feelings and neutering things for the sake of keeping people from being concerned. People are better served with the truth and normalizing reality.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeap! What we need to normalize the mindset America had in the revolutionary war. Americans owned weapons of war. Muskets, cannons, swords, warships, etc. From my understanding, many of our citizens in that era were more capable of waging war than our government. Because of the wealth, privately owned armaments, and patriotism of our private citizens they stepped up to the plate, and won our independence. That shouldn’t be such a foreign concept in our society.
No matter what brain dead biden has said, Americans can and do own live fire cannons, tanks, and armored vehicles.
There is the National Museum of Military Vehicles in Dubois Wyoming that is owned by one man. It has the largest fleet of operational rolling stock to include tanks and artillery short of the US Army itself and he is continually adding more.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

No you didn’t 🤣🤣

IMG_1592.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is your AR15 a less effective firearm than an M16? An AR is plenty effective for what we need it for. It’s an effective self defensive weapon. It’s a great platform for the range, training, and target shooting. It’s a great firearm for hunting too. I’m just saying you can’t keep coddling people feelings and neutering things for the sake of keeping people from being concerned. People are better served with the truth and normalizing reality.
I have to apologize. I thought you were ranting against selected firearms, not realizing it was part of the article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom