Bank Of Oklahoma Fees and Humor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were the checks from BOK account holders? If they weren't and you aren't an account holder then I don't see the problem.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Were the checks from BOK account holders? If they weren't and you aren't an account holder then I don't see the problem.

The OP never did actually come out and say the checks were written on BOK accounts. If they were I understand his frustration, if they were not you cant blame the bank for wanting to get paid for cashing checks that had nothing to do with their banking system.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bank of Oklahoma will charge the fee to cash their own checks to non-account holders. I dont know if the OP's checks were or not, but BOK does charge to cash THEIR OWN CHECKS! This, along with many other fees banks are getting away, with is just plain wrong.

Also, BOK does not offer free checking, which is their right, but I choose not to support them.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MidFirst does not charge to cash checks on them.

It's been a year or so since I tried to cash one with them but if it's written from a business account and you are not an account holder there they do. If I remember right it was more like $11.00 dollars and not $6.00 as well.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bank of Oklahoma will charge the fee to cash their own checks to non-account holders. I dont know if the OP's checks were or not, but BOK does charge to cash THEIR OWN CHECKS! This, along with many other fees banks are getting away, with is just plain wrong.

Also, BOK does not offer free checking, which is their right, but I choose not to support them.

they do offer free checking...I have 2 free checking accounts with them right now. Plus a savings..

ssgt ben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I use a Credit Union for my banking needs. And they call me by my name.Without looking at the draft of account number info.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they do offer free checking...I have 2 free checking accounts with them right now. Plus a savings..

They used to - but now they charge a fee unless you have a certain balance or direct deposit. I just closed mine there after gotten hit with some of their fees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom