Banner Road range questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a couple of quick questions about the Banner Road range. My brothers and I are planning on going out there this weekend for a little PEW PEW action and we've never been there. Can anyone tell me how many lanes/bays/whatever they have? Is it pretty group friendly (there will be 4 or 5 of us going)? Do they allow steel case or surplus ammo? And for the odd question, is the road paved all the way up to their place? I'm considering loading up all of my range gear into one of my brother's trucks and riding my bike out there, so I wanted to prepare myself if I'm going to be on gravel. :-)

Thanks in advance,
Beardking

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are four "bays" with multiple lanes per bay. I dont remember how many lanes but its more than 15 and less than 30 each im guessing. The far west bay is usually closed off.
Going from east to west there is one for pistol and .22 only, next is a rifle bay out to 50 yards, next is a rifle bay out to 100 yards.
Over view can be seen here. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb45bae403b80e078

The entrance from the road to the building is gravel for about 200 yards.
Last I heard the only thing specifically prohibited was tracer ammo and calibers over 308/7.62.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a couple of quick questions about the Banner Road range. My brothers and I are planning on going out there this weekend for a little PEW PEW action and we've never been there. Can anyone tell me how many lanes/bays/whatever they have? Is it pretty group friendly (there will be 4 or 5 of us going)? Do they allow steel case or surplus ammo? And for the odd question, is the road paved all the way up to their place? I'm considering loading up all of my range gear into one of my brother's trucks and riding my bike out there, so I wanted to prepare myself if I'm going to be on gravel. :-)

Thanks in advance,
Beardking

Saturday @2pm is OSA day (that is what im calling it), a bunch of us will be out going pew pew so come on out and we are going to dinner after.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things to expect at the banner range

1)you'll be downrange with everyone checking your target and some sob decides he is gonna start shooting his target .
2)some crazy eyed mouthing breathing deliverance reject will steal your brass while you're shooting.
3)a guy will set up camp right beside you and then give you a dirty look every time your brass hits him.
4)same guy will ***** and moan about the muzzle brake on your 338lap being too loud.
5)you'll get bitched out over the pa system for shooting too fast no matter how slow you shoot.
6)some shady looking dude will want to hold your gun.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
quick question about banner road. Do you have to bring your own targets or do they have them available to purchase?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
quick question about banner road. Do you have to bring your own targets or do they have them available to purchase?

Harry has targets to purchase. I think they are 75 cents or maybe a dollar each but there is one big target in the middle, with 4 smaller targets in each corner and 2 really small square targets on each side, so you definitely get your money's worth. He doesn't mind if you bring your own targets, though. And you get a free target with your range fee.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice meeting you out there Badge Bunny and Jedabug92.

I have to say that I was quite pleased that Spata was mostly wrong about the shooting while down range thing (no shooting, but way too many people fondling their guns while people where down range). Most if the other stuff was true, but it came from the people I was with, so I just ignored it. :-)

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice meeting you out there Badge Bunny and Jedabug92.

I have to say that I was quite pleased that Spata was mostly wrong about the shooting while down range thing (no shooting, but way too many people fondling their guns while people where down range). Most if the other stuff was true, but it came from the people I was with, so I just ignored it. :-)

I had a Blast yesterday, but feel bad because I only brought one gun and everyone else brought everything haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom