Banner Road range questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things to expect at the banner range

1)you'll be downrange with everyone checking your target and some sob decides he is gonna start shooting his target .
2)some crazy eyed mouthing breathing deliverance reject will steal your brass while you're shooting.
3)a guy will set up camp right beside you and then give you a dirty look every time your brass hits him.
4)same guy will ***** and moan about the muzzle brake on your 338lap being too loud.
5)you'll get bitched out over the pa system for shooting too fast no matter how slow you shoot.
6)some shady looking dude will want to hold your gun.

I can agree with most of this. I could also add a whole lot more, but a lot of times that gets frowned upon. All I can say is for my safety I will not be shooting out there if anyone else is there.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things to expect at the banner range

1)you'll be downrange with everyone checking your target and some sob decides he is gonna start shooting his target .
2)some crazy eyed mouthing breathing deliverance reject will steal your brass while you're shooting.
3)a guy will set up camp right beside you and then give you a dirty look every time your brass hits him.
4)same guy will ***** and moan about the muzzle brake on your 338lap being too loud.
5)you'll get bitched out over the pa system for shooting too fast no matter how slow you shoot.
6)some shady looking dude will want to hold your gun.

I've been considering brass catchers, for the AR's at least, your post strengthened my resolve. I've never had brass issues before but I've heard a lot of horror stories from other people. I wish there was a way to make catching handgun brass easier. I had this idea that popped into my head about a half second after my sister started shooting hers and brass was flying at me that I would just catch it. Now, had I had longer than a half second to think about it, I surely would have thought better of the idea. I knew full well what hot brass felt like but I thought I could sort of catch it and toss it into a pile before it burnt me but nope. First piece I caught stuck to my hand and wouldn't let go LOL. Amazing what goes through the human mind in under a second.

Anywho, some of our handguns toss brass ridiculously far. Can that be tamed by a gunsmith?

Latest posts

Top Bottom