Bare knuckle fighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
boxing-smile-knocked-out-tooth.gif
Sounds like a good way to get Drain Bamage.
Actually, bare knuckle fighters generally avoid punching the head, as they are likely to break their hand on the skull. They look for vulnerable soft-tissue shots like the kidneys or solar plexus.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you obviously haven't watched
I'm not an afficianado, but I have watched some bouts. Bobby Gunn on Youtube is a good fighter to watch. The video isn't great, but it's pretty obvious he isn't making closed-fist strikes to an opponent's head. Every head strike I have seen is either made with the heel of the palm, a forearm or an elbow. Shots aimed at the head are jabs meant to back the opponent off or set up another strike. My uneducated opinion.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not an afficianado, but I have watched some bouts. Bobby Gunn on Youtube is a good fighter to watch. The video isn't great, but it's pretty obvious he isn't making closed-fist strikes to an opponent's head. Every head strike I have seen is either made with the heel of the palm, a forearm or an elbow. Shots aimed at the head are jabs meant to back the opponent off or set up another strike. My uneducated opinion.
this thread is about the BKFC league fights on tv. palm , forearms and elbows aren't allow

the guy from lawton the op was talking about

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom