BARR: The U.N. comes after America’s guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie Meat, I have a question; can the President enforce a UN mandate domestically? I realize this will be incremental, but could the President activate the National Guard to enforce a UN mandate? I keep reading on this these threads where the Senate has to ratify. I simply don't know much about these things.

No he cannot. Without senate ratification and the presidents signature both this or any other proposed treaty is legally meaningless.
Even if the senate signed it, it would be overturned by the supreme court.

If in some dystopian future all that came to pass and the supreme court upheld it, the citizenry would still have the last say.

Gun control is the third rail for congressional careers, it's like pissing on the 3rd rail ( the high voltage one ) of a subway system. No good comes from it for the person trying it.

Remember that an unconstitutional law is void from the beginning. The 2nd amendment is very clear even if people try to keep rewriting the English language to make it say something else.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying that this isn't bad news but I have to laugh at the thought of blue helmets wandering around with unloaded rifles asking people nicely for their guns.

I realize that's not what's happening but that's the cartoonish image I got in my head.

I'd tell them to kiss my rosy red behind.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No he cannot. Without senate ratification and the presidents signature both this or any other proposed treaty is legally meaningless.
Even if the senate signed it, it would be overturned by the supreme court.

I don't think this has a snowball's chance in hell, but then if it came to it, the upholding of "Obamacare" is proof positive that you can't hang your hopes on the Supreme Court.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think this has a snowball's chance in hell, but then if it came to it, the upholding of "Obamacare" is proof positive that you can't hang your hopes on the Supreme Court.

Well, yeh! I mean he's likely to get another Supreme Court nominee put in...

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every time this comes up there are people that think its no big deal and it wont happen so we dont need to worry about it. To me thats ignorant. We must be vigilant and not just stick our heads in the sand. The UN is a very real threat to what used to be the American way of life.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Every time this comes up there are people that think its no big deal and it wont happen so we dont need to worry about it. To me thats ignorant. We must be vigilant and not just stick our heads in the sand. The UN is a very real threat to what used to be the American way of life.

You are so correct. Give an inch and they will take a mile! We should all stand firm on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom