Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it really gets to me how a few folks are saying stuff like " You haven't had training or been in combat...blah blah.." " Only someone who's been in a combat situation is able to say what they'd do...." What utter ********. You don't have to have been in "combat" or have law enforcement training to know EXACTLY what you'd do in a situation like that. True...some folks would freeze up, or whatever...JUST AS SOME DO IN COMBAT..., but you as a person in your heart and soul KNOW what you'd do....it's WHO YOU ARE, not what classroom you've sat in, or what war or conflict you've served in. NO disrespect to those who HAVE seen battle, or those in Law enforcement, but sitting here on the internet telling people what THEY would or wouldn't do is something i call BS on big time. I haven't been in a "combat situation" and i sure don't have any law enforcement training...but i know EXACTLY what i'd do if in that situation and i had a weapon.......adapt and overcome.........sure i'd be in awe for a few seconds, wondering wtf???....i'd start trying to process the situation, i'd shove my friends or family into the safest place i could find at the moment, then i'd start scanning to find out where the bad guy is and how i can put into effect his demise or draw his attention off long enough to do something....and how to get my folks and others to a safer location if possible... It's really simple and it's BASIC. It's NOT superman, it's not Audie Murphy, and it's not Alvin York.... it's not anything but how you'd react, and you don't have to have a certificate on your wall to know what to do and how to react in the most effective way possible.

Yeah....I trained for years to go into combat -- it was my job, day in and day out -- and I also thought I knew "exactly what I'd do" when the shooting started.

Tell us how it goes after you've done it, and maybe we can all learn something from your experience.

Cheers.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought I'd be a hero or whatever, sure, we can dream.

I was in history class in high school when I heard boom, boom, boom out in the hallway. Man it was loud. It sounded just like a shotgun.
I zipped up my backpack, walked to the window, opened it and hopped outside. **** this, I'm leaving! I walked to the parking lot.

Turns out some kids were helping the teachers with some old textbooks and they were John Henry slamming those books on the bare floor, just to be loud.

I'd almost made it to my truck before anyone caught up with me.
We got a big laugh out of that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom