Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family actually knows family members of one of the people that was shot (not killed, thank God) in the attack. He (the injured party) said the guy started with the shotgun, and it jammed...then he went to the AR....(he must have short stroked the shotgun or something)....anyway he was hit in the leg with a round from the shotgun and is going to be ok, or such is the prognosis so far.

One of the things I find appauling is the media and some government officials and of course some public type figures that IMMEDIATELY jump on the "gun laws" bandwagon. These people are nothing but PIMPS for their cause. They USE people's deaths and suffering to further their anti gun cause.

Ok .... let me explain this really simply for the media types...and i'll type slow. It's already illegal to shoot at folks for no reason. It's allready illegal to murder, or attempt to murder people.It's allready illegal to walk into a theater and start shooting. Get a grip. How many people are killed in planes every year? How many people are killed in or by chevrolets every year? How many .................. you get the picture!!!

And another thing is....while reading some of the posts on this thread, it really gets to me how a few folks are saying stuff like " You haven't had training or been in combat...blah blah.." " Only someone who's been in a combat situation is able to say what they'd do...." What utter ********. You don't have to have been in "combat" or have law enforcement training to know EXACTLY what you'd do in a situation like that. True...some folks would freeze up, or whatever...JUST AS SOME DO IN COMBAT..., but you as a person in your heart and soul KNOW what you'd do....it's WHO YOU ARE, not what classroom you've sat in, or what war or conflict you've served in. NO disrespect to those who HAVE seen battle, or those in Law enforcement, but sitting here on the internet telling people what THEY would or wouldn't do is something i call BS on big time. I haven't been in a "combat situation" and i sure don't have any law enforcement training...but i know EXACTLY what i'd do if in that situation and i had a weapon.......adapt and overcome.........sure i'd be in awe for a few seconds, wondering wtf???....i'd start trying to process the situation, i'd shove my friends or family into the safest place i could find at the moment, then i'd start scanning to find out where the bad guy is and how i can put into effect his demise or draw his attention off long enough to do something....and how to get my folks and others to a safer location if possible... It's really simple and it's BASIC. It's NOT superman, it's not Audie Murphy, and it's not Alvin York.... it's not anything but how you'd react, and you don't have to have a certificate on your wall to know what to do and how to react in the most effective way possible.

If you are one of those telling someone "you wouldn't do anything even if you have a weapon" then what do people have weapons permits for anyway? Should noone be able to carry except for you rangers that obviously are supierior to everyone else? What about the second amendment that we all spout off about all the time??? You should be MORE AFFECTED BY THE FACT THAT NOONE IN THAT THEATRE COULD LEGALLY carry their weapon into that venue...and you can DAMN SURE BET that the perpetrator KNEW THAT fact. He KNEW there's be no resistance!!!!! He was a COWARD that went into a LAW HOBBLED environment and took advantage of the fact that he knew all the law abiding citizens within would NOT create a danger to his candy ass. I'll close by saying this ...if you are one of those telling people what they would or wouldn't do...or could or couldn't do...you don't know what the HELL you are talking about. Unless you know that person, and have a valid reason to say what you are, then you're just talking out of your rear.

I pray for the victims and their families and friends.

Peace n stuff..........

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
jondough said:
My family actually knows family members of one of the people that was shot (not killed, thank God) in the attack. He (the injured party) said the guy started with the shotgun, and it jammed...then he went to the AR....(he must have short stroked the shotgun or something)....anyway he was hit in the leg with a round from the shotgun and is going to be ok, or such is the prognosis so far.

One of the things I find appauling is the media and some government officials and of course some public type figures that IMMEDIATELY jump on the "gun laws" bandwagon. These people are nothing but PIMPS for their cause. They USE people's deaths and suffering to further their anti gun cause.

Ok .... let me explain this really simply for the media types...and i'll type slow. It's already illegal to shoot at folks for no reason. It's allready illegal to murder, or attempt to murder people.It's allready illegal to walk into a theater and start shooting. Get a grip. How many people are killed in planes every year? How many people are killed in or by chevrolets every year? How many .................. you get the picture!!!

And another thing is....while reading some of the posts on this thread, it really gets to me how a few folks are saying stuff like " You haven't had training or been in combat...blah blah.." " Only someone who's been in a combat situation is able to say what they'd do...." What utter ********. You don't have to have been in "combat" or have law enforcement training to know EXACTLY what you'd do in a situation like that. True...some folks would freeze up, or whatever...JUST AS SOME DO IN COMBAT..., but you as a person in your heart and soul KNOW what you'd do....it's WHO YOU ARE, not what classroom you've sat in, or what war or conflict you've served in. NO disrespect to those who HAVE seen battle, or those in Law enforcement, but sitting here on the internet telling people what THEY would or wouldn't do is something i call BS on big time. I haven't been in a "combat situation" and i sure don't have any law enforcement training...but i know EXACTLY what i'd do if in that situation and i had a weapon.......adapt and overcome.........sure i'd be in awe for a few seconds, wondering wtf???....i'd start trying to process the situation, i'd shove my friends or family into the safest place i could find at the moment, then i'd start scanning to find out where the bad guy is and how i can put into effect his demise or draw his attention off long enough to do something....and how to get my folks and others to a safer location if possible... It's really simple and it's BASIC. It's NOT superman, it's not Audie Murphy, and it's not Alvin York.... it's not anything but how you'd react, and you don't have to have a certificate on your wall to know what to do and how to react in the most effective way possible.

If you are one of those telling someone "you wouldn't do anything even if you have a weapon" then what do people have weapons permits for anyway? Should noone be able to carry except for you rangers that obviously are supierior to everyone else? What about the second amendment that we all spout off about all the time??? You should be MORE AFFECTED BY THE FACT THAT NOONE IN THAT THEATRE COULD LEGALLY carry their weapon into that venue...and you can DAMN SURE BET that the perpetrator KNEW THAT fact. He KNEW there's be no resistance!!!!! He was a COWARD that went into a LAW HOBBLED environment and took advantage of the fact that he knew all the law abiding citizens within would NOT create a danger to his candy ass. I'll close by saying this ...if you are one of those telling people what they would or wouldn't do...or could or couldn't do...you don't know what the HELL you are talking about. Unless you know that person, and have a valid reason to say what you are, then you're just talking out of your rear.

I pray for the victims and their families and friends.

Peace n stuff..........

"but i know EXACTLY what i'd do if in that situation and i had a weapon.......adapt and overcome"
I agree that people have natural instincts, especially in situations such as these. To say otherwise, is just plain inaccurate. If you have had blinders on your entire life, then possibly, but I highly doubt there are many who have worn blinders much less all their life. Like jondough states, in my own version, you don't have to do this as a living to know or be prepared for a situation like this, especially in these times. It is easier than ever to learn and adapt these critical responses into your life and your mind. I receive amazing training DVD's in the mail about once a month from the NRA's video department. Do I have a course to train in, in my backyard or anywhere else? No! But that doesn't mean that I can not go through these drills in my head, and dry, since I do not have the type of course as in these training senarios. Granted, can we say with every ounce of certainty what we would have done in that exact situation... NO! To say otherwise is rubbish, because we weren't their. Every situation is different, but you can know what you might have done, or will do if faced in a similar situation, in which I hope nobody is, but to believe that this couldn't happen anywhere else would be fool hardy in itself..
That is my $0.02
Stay Safe!

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And please don't get me wrong....i'm not saying there's anything wrong with training, experience etc..etc..etc....it's a good thing. What i was more trying to state is that when something happens...your instinct to react is IN YOU....yes, it can definitely be made even better with training and experience,but it is inside the individual. And wether you've been trained or have experience dealing with a bad situation, VALOR, SELFLESSNESS and HONOR are things that can't be taught and inserted into a person with books or whatever. That's my take on it.

It doesn't take training to say "My God...this guy is killing people....i must do something" and then act with common sense and some sort of situation induced strategy. It doesn't matter how many are screaming, or how many are running, etc..etc. And for someone to sit behind a keyboard and tell someone else "you wouldn't" or "you couldn't" because of that persons concieved lack of ability or whatever...is just rubbish.

Also, People that would never be expected to stand out as "DO-ERS" Have always been part of dangerous or tragic situations. Sometimes it the most unlikely people that have the most honor and bravery when confronted with a situation. Granted...if you could find those people and sort them out and train them, etc...they would be EXEMPLARY models of defending themselves or the masses....but most times they go unnoticed untill a situation throws them into the shitstorm and they react.

And just because i don't agree with someone and may not like what they say...i don't deny their right to say it. We can agree to disagree. : )

Again, thoughts and prayers to those affected. And to all here on our forum.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"but i know EXACTLY what i'd do if in that situation and i had a weapon.......adapt and overcome"
I agree that people have natural instincts, especially in situations such as these. To say otherwise, is just plain inaccurate. If you have had blinders on your entire life, then possibly, but I highly doubt there are many who have worn blinders much less all their life. Like jondough states, in my own version, you don't have to do this as a living to know or be prepared for a situation like this, especially in these times. It is easier than ever to learn and adapt these critical responses into your life and your mind. I receive amazing training DVD's in the mail about once a month from the NRA's video department. Do I have a course to train in, in my backyard or anywhere else? No! But that doesn't mean that I can not go through these drills in my head, and dry, since I do not have the type of course as in these training senarios. Granted, can we say with every ounce of certainty what we would have done in that exact situation... NO! To say otherwise is rubbish, because we weren't their. Every situation is different, but you can know what you might have done, or will do if faced in a similar situation, in which I hope nobody is, but to believe that this couldn't happen anywhere else would be fool hardy in itself..
That is my $0.02
Stay Safe!

Yeah, i definitely should have said attempt to adapt and overcome, the other was sort of overly cocky sounding and i didn't mean it that way....because there are times you CAN'T overcome.

And if in that kind of situation, if i were in a spot where i could have herded my family, frinds and/or others out of the situation, THAT would have been my first priority. After that was done though, would i have stayed in a safe area while he was in there blatently killing people...not if there was any chance my actions could stop it, i'm not wired like that as i know many others aren't. I know there are MANY MANY MANY more that feel the exact same way. And the chaos and etc can work as much against him as for him. It might not work, but at least it would have been a try. I know i'm not alone in those sentiments.

Besides the obvious....the awful thing here is that noone in there really stood a chance at ending it...because of a decal on the entrance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom