Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A witness who spoke this morning on NBC via phone said that someone sitting next to him before the show began had gone to that emergency exit and opened it to make a phone call, which he'd found very odd (to open an emergency exit to make a phone call).

So, could have been not closed completely after that, or there could have been an accomplice.

That’s what I was trying to figure out: lone gunman, made it in a door that would automatically lock when closed. What are the odds that he shows up to do his deed, and by some miracle he ends up next to the door that just happened to be open for one reason or another at just the right time? Not necessarily any conspiracy theory, but there’s got to be more to this, or more than one perp.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the articles I read said he may have planted the handguns in the theater earlier, in preparation for the shooting. Perhaps he rigged the door as well?

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As seen in the video of the 71 year old man in the Internet shop. If a criminal has a weapon & you show equal force against them, they are likely to run. I know your typical conceal carrier would not have had equal force to match this guy but I do think some sort of gun resistance against him could have been very effective.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A witness who spoke this morning on NBC via phone said that someone sitting next to him before the show began had gone to that emergency exit and opened it to make a phone call, which he'd found very odd (to open an emergency exit to make a phone call).

So, could have been not closed completely after that, or there could have been an accomplice.

In some of the movie theaters there are additional exits that you hit that vent straight to the parking lot. When movies let out they will often prop these open to let you get out more quickly rather and filing back through the theater.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Exactly this ^^^

Any CC holder would have just been shot dead like everyone else in this situation. I don't care what your carrying for your CC. The shooter had and assualt rifle (from the news reports), bullet proof vest, riot gear, and had his victims funneling out through a door and waiting on them. A CC holder who wanted to be a hero in this situation would have ended up just as another victim.

Yup would have been better off grabbing the nearest woman and using her as a shield to stop bullets huh? What the heck guys, did yall turn in your manhood last week or something? I'm sorry but cower and hide while people around me are slaughtered just isn't in me. I will never pipe up and say "this is what I would have done" but COME ON! Have some fight in you for crying out loud! I could not live with myself if I had just cowered down and let innocents die around me. You do so and then tell the families of the little kids who were there that you couldn't risk being just another victim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom