BBQ Grill Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two 22" Weber One Touch Gold kettles (one with rotissery ring), a little Weber Smokie Joe, a 22" cast iron Cook-n-Kettle with rotissery, 14" cast iron Cook-n-Kettle, a Hasty Bake Stainless Portable, a small home made ceramic smoker and a custom built 24" x 6' Horizon offset trailer smoker. They are all good and cook a little diffently but based on the little ceramic smoker's performance I would definitely lean toward a ceramic (Green Egg, Komodo/KamadoJoe, Primo, etc) if I were in the market for another.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hasty bake owner and fan. My mom's lasted about 35 years before it was finally time to say good bye. It was uncovered in the elements the last 10. It still could have been reconditioned by the factory in Tulsa if she wanted to go that route.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this one. I got the smoker attachment for it, too, but haven't hooked it up or used it yet. I have been very happy with it overall.

www.cobraxp.com_Cooking_CharGriller01.jpg

I've got this same grill. With a few mods, the smoker works great for backyard smokes. I never use charcoal for anything so the right is strictly for smoking on mine. Took the charcoal tray and flipped it upside down and butted it up on the smoker side opening to make a baffle. It makes the smoke more controlled and the heat better. Added grill level temp gauges and I can hold 225-235 all day on it. My only complaint is I wish the smoker box a little bigger. If you buy it, get the cover they make for it and keep the receipt! The cover wears out fast but they have a no questions asked 1 year warranty on the covers, just tell em it ripped or isn't working properly and they replace it.

If your just wanting a gas grill, my dad just bought one of those infared grills. I think Weber makes it. Holy cow, the hype is real. He made pork chops with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Literally just a dash on each side. Hands down best pork chops I've ever had. Then the burgers he made were pretty darn amazing. If I ever change grills, I'll get one of those and a dedicated smoker.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My propane grill of 15 years bit the dust. I MUST have a rotisserie on my new one, and I'm not picky on price. Just want the best, so I'm watching this thread.

My Weber Summit...stainless steel, stainless steel grates, side burner, smoker box AND an infrared rotisserie that works great. I've had mine for several years and other than some hail dents it's as good today as it was when I bought it. You couldn't make it fail if you tried. The rotisserie chicken is frickin awesome and it fits 2 chickens at a time although a model with more burners might fit more.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a weber performer series charcoal grill its about 10 years old and is still looking good, has been kept outdoors and uncovered
Also have a smokey mountain cooker and it smokes meat awesome
check these cats out they have the best BBQ
they do it all on a hasty bake grill just like a weber performer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB16Dbjz8oo&index=18&list=PL57C34C2A415B5C34

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found out last night my neighbor has a Trager pellet smoker and she told me to drag it over here and use it... she's been there... three years, I think, and has never once used it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom