BBQ Pit Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think prophet estimated it at 1100 lbs as it sits right now
My best guess is around 1350 for everything empty as in no meat. Me and one of the guys i work with danny put on about 1200 lbs in just the firebox and body with the ends. The legs + racks + trays are going to be even more 1350-1400 is what i think the finished product will weigh.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky! I'm really jealous of that setup. It should last you a few decades.

I have a coworker that just put his smoker on a trailer. His is an old propane tank that has been converted. It reminds me of some Civil War era submarine. Ugly as can be but gets the job done.

Someone had better bring that to the next OSA MEAT and greet.

On your trailer setup. Weatherford International has something similar to your idea. tandem axle trailer smoker on one side kitchen setup on the other. They have what looks like an open burner on the back that you could set some rather large pots on. All covered by a nice red canvas top.

Haskell Lemon has/had a sweat setup. It was brand new when I saw it but did not have any canopy that I remember. Not nearly the counter/work space as the one owned by Weatherford.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
at 7ft long... odds are it's going to need a way to control heat from one end to the other.

looks like a tandem axle trailer is the ticket ... brakes on one axle would be sweeter yet.

We put some 1x1 angle in there a few inches below the bottom rack so he can add some.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built one very similar to that in shop class back in high school. I wish I would have made two, because the one I made was for the school. It's nice having a dual purpose cooker/smoker. That looks like it ought to stand up to the 100mph test!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it'd take a 200-page manual to fire up that behemoth once it's done :shocked: I don't suppose it'd be used for anything less than family reunions and company picnics?

Latest posts

Top Bottom