BBQ Pit Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just measured my smoker... thought it was 3/8... turns out it's 1/2in thick x 37in x 30in diameter....
no wonder it take so long to heat up. this door would be a real bear to lift without counter weights

[Broken External Image]

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oooweee that 1/2" is a bear to work with! I looked at rotessiere models but decided to keep it simple. Less to break=less downtime. It seems though alot of people are switching to them. Have you seen the stuff Southern Yankee makes? I've seen some of his pits up close and they are nice, just thin metal. I think extreme weather (Okie blue northern) would really play h*ll on the temp's in those. I'm hoping that mine being so thick it will hold temps even in the winter. Where it is used has zero protection from a NW wind.

http://www.sybbq.com/

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this thread got me to to fire up the outlaw BBQ ...

check out design of smoke cap for tall smoke stacks

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_smoker7.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_smoker8.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_smoker9.JPG

Brisket time with apple wood

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_smoker11.JPG

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya...how's the smoker working out? what's the biggest crowd fed so far?

inquiring minds wants to know...

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It works pretty darn good! I still need to seal the doors better and get the drains on the bottom installed but it works pretty darn good. The biggest crowd.....I don't really know.....I have cooked alot of food on it at once.....shoot, I can't even remember. It's been in the garage all winter since I went back to driving over the road. I was thinking of pulling it out and using it about June 7th, 8th or 9th during the DOT Safety Blitz. I'm thinking of skipping this year's festivities since the rollout of CSA 2010.

Latest posts

Top Bottom