BBQ places in Tulsa (or elsewhere) that are gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading the thread on BBQ in Tulsa, I couldn't help to think about my favorite place that is gone. Papa Tom's in Bixby at 131st and Memorial. It was a converted full-service gas station. Seating was in the two service bays, and the smoker was in the entrance to the bays. The family and I just loved their meats, and they had a buffet on Sundays (?). My understanding was Papa Tom was a retired teacher from Bixby. Sold out to some younger folks, who added a patio with umbrellas out front to sip beer, and obviously couldn't smoke. They lasted about a year.

Torn down. Now a bank. So sad.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the tastiest was the old lady's place at the Prattville flea market years ago. And the guy who set up at the Warehouse market in Sand springs.
The old Knotty pine, 33rd and Charles page.
The new Knotty Pig on 15th not so much.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hans BBQ OKC. Great BBQ and if really, really hungry you got a baked potato to go with it. They were usually large enough to go from the tips of your fingers to behind your watch. About 10 inches long for the non-construction worker types.

Latest posts

Top Bottom