• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Bear Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Looking for:
44 Mag. Revolver 5” Barrel (Ruger or S&W)
45-70 Lever Action (Marlin or Henry)
375 H&H
You may have a problem getting someone to cut loose a 44 magnum revolver... May want to look into the 10mm autos . They do the job and are generally easier to get back on target than a 5 inch 44 revolver for follow up shots. If you have never shot a 5 inch 44 go rent one and check it out . They are a hand full when loaded for man much more so when loaded for bear .

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
You may have a problem getting someone to cut loose a 44 magnum revolver... May want to look into the 10mm autos . They do the job and are generally easier to get back on target than a 5 inch 44 revolver for follow up shots. If you have never shot a 5 inch 44 go rent one and check it out . They are a hand full when loaded for man much more so when loaded for bear .

maybe he just wants to collect?

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If you're on a back country, weight matters, I'd look at the Taurus tracker or the S&W 69. Both are 5 shots but if you can't do it in 5 the 6th probably won't save you. The Tracker with Hogue grips was surprisingly controllable. Otherwise that 45-70 would be a lot of fun.

JarinWilbourn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have looked at some 10MM and I have been very impressed with what I have read and seen from the 10MM. And if I cant find a 44 that I like Ill fall back on a 10MM because I know I can find one of those but while I have some time to spare Im gonna look for a 44.

Latest posts

Top Bottom