Bedroom Shotgun Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGreen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They sell small corner safes that are very reasonable. I believe I have even seen them at walmart for about $100 or so. But they will fit only 1 o2 long rifles or shotguns and have a quick hand pad to unlock them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyplace easily accessible is good. Pointing a loaded gun at your wife is probably NOT the best idea. My number 1 reccommendation would be to RELOAD. Do not use 00 buckshot, too much penetration; use a heavy load of 7 1/2, 8 or 9 shot. As Dr. Red Duke says, ".... like straining his innerds through a screen and even I'm not good enough to put that back together." I reloaded some 12 ga 3" with 1 3/4 of 7 1/2 at 1160 fps, at 20 feet it's a 20" circle cloud of hornets that will not fully penetrate the sheetrock on both sides. For wife's training loaded them down to 7/8 oz at 1125. She's comfortable with the operation and recoil of the shotgun (Remington 870, 18" barrel, no choke, 8 shot magazine (Yes, VP she needs 8shots, not 2, overkill is not overkill, it's preparedness) adn when the SHTF, the added recoil of the full loads will be negated by adrenaline. Just 2 cents.

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have kids, keep Shotgun in safe, but multiple Gunvaults around house and on each side of bed w/ handguns inside will allow me the opportunity to get to the Gunsafe 15' from bed in closet.

I really like the drawer with digital code idea, hope they make a biometric version.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot understand why it is so difficult to find very many good safes with old school mechanical cipher locks. I hate the choice of trusting batteries, turning a combo lock, or finding a key. I know there are some, but there aren't many options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom