• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Belgian mix rehoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My daughter thinks she could probably handle this dog, but not exactly knowing what her schedule will be in the fall, we’ve decided she doesn’t need a pet at this stage in her life.
Oh man ... But I get it. I just know you guys would have given him a great home if you could have.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My daughter thinks she could probably handle this dog, but not exactly knowing what her schedule will be in the fall, we’ve decided she doesn’t need a pet at this stage in her life.
That's probably a wise decision. The dog might go insane if it's it's couped up while she's studying or in class. My dog wouldn't have been good for someone like that at all when he was young.

eich

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
This is what Mal's do when they get bored. I know, Sig was 13 when he passed. Chewed all my gutters shut, ripped the wiring out of my trailer, chewed the phone cord off the house.

Attachments

• porsche-911-turbo-s-chewed-up-by-dog-looks-sad-128632-7-2122451603.jpg
    porsche-911-turbo-s-chewed-up-by-dog-looks-sad-128632-7-2122451603.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Food for thought. You did say the dog has bonded a bit with your wife and become protective. He already senses her condition. Why do you think this is a reason the dog needs to go?

When my ex was pregnant my Belgian started watching over her, never gave a &#$&#($”*@+ about her before. When my Son was born she watched over him like a hawk. No strangers allowed! ex raised her voice at him the dog warned her into another room!

This dog may work very well with the baby and as a part of your family unit. No one is going to mess with your Wife and Child with that dog around!

savage_samsquanch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That’s not the reason. That’s why I want to keep him. I think (because of his past), he’s got issues I’m not capable of tracing out if him. And while trying to build a nursery my funds are going there, while not having the time or extra money to send him to training.

Also, anyone that isn’t my wife or myself, he views as a threat. I love protectiveness, but they have a newborn. And he barks at them pretty regular, which scares her, understandably so. (Thank god he doesnt try to jump the fence.) and with our child expected in October, I’m going to have family in and out of my house regularly.

My boxer/husky mix is male and fixed, and for some reason he will randomly pick a fight with Loki (the Malinois). It’s more prevalent with myself not around, but we never had these issues before bringing Loki in the home. Not only do I need that around my wife now or around the baby, I don’t want either dog to be seriously injured should a scuffle get out of hand.

As much as I hate to see him go, he DESERVES someone with the proper time and attention to give him. Which is where I admittedly feel like Ive failed him. We were just meant to be a temporary home, as I just wanted to see this beautiful dog find a home and not wind up dead, and he ended up staying. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom