Benchmade helps Oregon Police destroy guns...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last year they gave a whopping $7,900 to political candidates. The bulk of it went to congressional candidate Kurt Schrader.

He's a democrat....with an NRA Political Victory Fund rating of an A. The rest went to another Dem...who also has an NRA rating of A.

So yeah, Benchmade is really out to take our guns LOL.

Yeah, and Harry Reid got an A from the NRA, too. I don't set too much store by that because Harry got his by making sure a Nevada State gun range got federal dollars for improvements and construction. After that, Harry was the typical Dem with a liberal voting record, making sure the Obama legislative program moved through the Senate. The NRA rating looks at a very small slice of what a legislator does, specifically on gun issue legislation. It is not transferable to other issues which might concern a conservative person.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....but it's OK that your boy Trump donated to Clinton and Schumer as long as he donated to Republicans too? That's like saying it's OK if your wife sleeps with a guy across town as long as she throws you one once a week too.

Who is the real ignored member?

The problem is the wife wasn't ignoring any members.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
....but it's OK that your boy Trump donated to Clinton and Schumer as long as he donated to Republicans too? That's like saying it's OK if your wife sleeps with a guy across town as long as she throws you one once a week too.

This is you lately...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Granted I don't think this is the end of the world in compromising 2a rights, but it's apples to oranges.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean, like, done any analysis of the predominant party where the company is located? Are they just swimming in the current of the place they made their home and trying to keep an American business operating and provide jobs for other Americans?

Is it a predominantly Blue district where the Blues run unopposed and there are no Reds to give money too?

Even if there's a Republican candidate... In a lot of places/industries, companies support the state/local political incumbent regardless of party; it's a posturing thing where they don't support a challenger unless there's a direct threat to the company that they can mitigate by supporting a change in leadership. From congressmen to governors to commissioners (like Insurance, Corporation, Labor, Public Safety, etc). If the status quo has been good for business, don't rock the boat.

In a vacuum, this would make sense in urban/suburban Oregon (Oregon City is suburban Portland) where the vast majority of politicians are Democrat, if the incumbent or incumbent party has been historically friendly to their business. But I'm admittedly too lazy to go research who was the incumbent, etc.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but "it is what is" as they say. And like you noted I don't think this was as much an anti-2A political statement as much as it was being friendly with the neighborhood law enforcement agency (even though I personally disagree with it).

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the cops ask you to chop-up a shotgun, it's not the same thing as asking you to chop-up your nubile grand daughter who's doing quite well and is engaged to a dentist.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if there's a Republican candidate... In a lot of places/industries, companies support the state/local political incumbent regardless of party; it's a posturing thing where they don't support a challenger unless there's a direct threat to the company that they can mitigate by supporting a change in leadership. From congressmen to governors to commissioners (like Insurance, Corporation, Labor, Public Safety, etc). If the status quo has been good for business, don't rock the boat.

In a vacuum, this would make sense in urban/suburban Oregon (Oregon City is suburban Portland) where the vast majority of politicians are Democrat, if the incumbent or incumbent party has been historically friendly to their business. But I'm admittedly too lazy to go research who was the incumbent, etc.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but "it is what is" as they say. And like you noted I don't think this was as much an anti-2A political statement as much as it was being friendly with the neighborhood law enforcement agency (even though I personally disagree with it).

What a completely rational and realistic response. Shame on you. You are supposed to pick up your pitchfork, light your torch, and engage in the mandatory three minutes of hate and virtue signalling with the rest of the self-appointed "great 'Muricans". Get with the program.

Latest posts

Top Bottom