Shooting at the OK State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there at the Vince Neil concert last night with friends. A young woman came running into the seats saying "active shooter!" Everyone took off! The band was between songs and didn't know and when they got word, they left the stage. I didn't see any officers with long guns, but there may have been.
I have 2 total knee replacements and normally set off metal detectors. I set em off at an Oakland A's game last month, both the walk through and got wanded. Tsa, I set those off as well. We went Friday night and last night, and neither time did the metal detectors go off. I even asked them if they were turned on, so ????

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Any old timers out there recall the shooting many years ago? Maybe 30 years. Someone shot a high powered rifle from 10th and May toward the fairgrounds at a woman if I recall. She died and they never caught the shooter. It was an intentional 'hit' they speculated. At the time there was more shrubs and bushes on the SW corner. And they redid it so nobody could hide in them.
Yep. It was at the grocery store on the corner. White woman with a black man. Big news at the time and still unsolved.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the air head reporters at kfor was near it when it happened. Knucklehead couldn’t understand how a gun got in the fair because they’re not allowed. I mentioned it probably was one of his gangbang buddies who tossed it over the fence to him. She couldn’t understand how that could happen.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there at the Vince Neil concert last night with friends. A young woman came running into the seats saying "active shooter!" Everyone took off! The band was between songs and didn't know and when they got word, they left the stage. I didn't see any officers with long guns, but there may have been.
I have 2 total knee replacements and normally set off metal detectors. I set em off at an Oakland A's game last month, both the walk through and got wanded. Tsa, I set those off as well. We went Friday night and last night, and neither time did the metal detectors go off. I even asked them if they were turned on, so ????

Why am I not surprised by this?? Sheesh ...

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were not standard metal detectors and their sensitivity had to be cranked all the way down. It had to be intentional because it's not like they had anything to empty your pockets in. I had my cell phone, keys, money clip, small flashlight, watch and belt buckle. I should have easily lit up the metal detector but I just walked right through.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to see how this incident is being viewed by Oklahoma's best and brightest just take a gander at the Oklahoma subreddit . . . . holy crap those folks have brain worms.
That’s why Reddit,fakebook, Tic tok, instagram, and other social media platforms like them are not in my play book.
I’ve been on all of them.
OSA and OKH are my go to places.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, this is one of those things that liberals will never realize or admit. If a person is determined to commit illegal activity, all the metal detectors in the world aren’t going to stop them. They WILL find a way.
The govt can’t even keep drugs and weapons out of prisons.🤣
Nor cell phones that criminals use to run their organizations while behind bars.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching the panic report on the shooting on “ let’s try to get it right “ channel 9. If it’s a spade then call it a spade. If you listen closely they were talking about how law enforcement were patrolling the area with their “ long guns”. Buuuuttttt noooooo if It had been a citizen carrying one it would’ve been an “assault rifle “. Let’s get the facts straight, call it what it is for everyone.
You got it right. The bias in the media rears it’s ugly head once again.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was there a totAl of two shootings at the fair this year or only one total........the security at the fair grounds is about as tight as a sieve .

Latest posts

Top Bottom