Beretta A300 Turkey 12 ga.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been watching this shotgun on a local online classifieds on and off for almost 2 months, but when the guy relisted it again a couple days ago, I decided to pursue it for myself. He had it listed with a price but also OBO. I don’t really like playing the “make me an offer” game, but I had a price in mind I would pay. I texted him that I was interested and told him to avoid me insulting him I’d like for him to just tell me what he was willing to take, and he texted back with the exact price I had in mind which was pretty much half the retail price. We met up yesterday evening, and I traded a few benjamins for his shotgun.
I’ve been a Benelli semi auto fanboy since the mid 90’s, and even though I’ve owned at least a couple dozen Beretta over/unders, this my first Beretta semi auto. I went into this acquisition knowing if I didn’t like it for some reason I could get out of it without losing money which made the decision to buy it easier, but the real deciding factor was that the gun takes the same Benelli/Beretta Mobil choke I already have a bunch of.
The first thing I noticed when I was messing around with it last night is that the fit and finish is top notch, and the controls are slightly oversized and easy to operate. I just got back in from running 50 rounds through it (a mix of old reloads, new reloads, and some factory ammo), and it cycled even the lightest loads I have and placed all the spent hulls in a neat little pile about 4 foot to my right. It has what Beretta advertises as a recoil reduction system, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a sales gimmick.
I’m used to the 21” barrel on my old Benelli Super 90, but I don’t think I’m going to mind the 24” barrel on this one. This model Beretta has a drilled and tapped receiver for adding an optic, and I’ve already spent way too much time researching mounts. So far, I’m planning to go with a Scalarworks SYNC/02 mount for an Aimpoint Micro H1 red dot.
All that being said, this Benelli fanboy is giving the highest marks to this Beretta A300. :thumb:
IMG_1114.jpeg

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get a little excited?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get a little excited?
I don’t know what I did, but the delete feature seems to have been elimated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom