Beretta Bobcat Model 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy teaches CCW classes up north is so impressed with the Bobcats and Tomcats- they are the only guns "banned" from his classes. Steve says he's spent way to much time getting them to shoot...he'd just a soon loan his Ruger(s) to a student when they show up with one.

I took my CCW class with a .25 ACP Berretta 950BS; the only semi-auto I had at the time that was suitable (in his case, .22s weren’t allowed). The instructor was impressed with the accuracy from such a small gun and ran a couple of magazines through it after class.

What didn’t impress him was the father/daughter pair that arrived with a brace of top drawer plastic semi-autos in .40S&W and boxes of .45ACP ammo.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats up with the bobcat hating? I picked up a 21a and took it to the range for the 1st time today. Ran 200rds of federal value pack and CCI minimag. Not one hiccup. I guess I just have great luck with all my 22 pistols lol

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have gotten one of the good ones. I use the hotter loaded .22's and have no problems at all. I do wish they would have made the sights a little bigger.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had one of the Model 21s for years and like it. Not my primary defense gun, but I am comfortable enough with it and my abilities that I don't hesitate to slip it into my pocket when I can't carry something larger.

It is picky about ammo and cleaning. Mine didn't like alot of the regular ammo like wildcats, federal, etc. Cheaper stuff. Runs well on CCI minimags, best on CCI stingers. Since we aren't talking hundreds of dollars, I just stick to stingers.

Only thing I really hate about the gun is the price of replacement mags. Damn.

Dave

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My former Mother-in-Law carried a Bobcat in .22 LR,,,
She hated the thing until I finally got her to use quality ammo.

CCI Mini-Mags is what it liked best,,,
As soon as she quit being a cheapskate it worked fine.

Aarond

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In those instances when I must carry something this small, I load mine with alternating CCI MiniMags and CCI Stingers. I think it will be a satisfactory gut-buster should the need arise.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, maybe not. But, I've had 2 Model 21's and a Tomcat as well as the .22 short model years ago. I don't recall ever having had a failure.

Anyway, pointy sticks long enough to do any good are hard to conceal.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Beretta 21A for my wife and while it is fun to shoot at the range I would definitely discourage anyone from carrying it for sel-defense. It is not reliable enough to insure safety. If she needs a gun that is 100% reliable get her a small frame revolver in 32 or 38. My wife has no trouble shooting her Ruger LCR even with +p loads. She has the same problem with racking a slide. Her other gun that she really likes is a Bersa Thunder 380. Very reliable and she can rack it but it is a bit larger than the other 2.

Is this the one your trying to sell in the Classifieds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom