Best 1911 for the $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I havent had to own a Norinco yet, Its a forged frame alright, But forged with what kind of metal ? Chinese Metal, There's no telling what kind of poision is leaking out of it, But I do put them on par with the old Forged Sistemas from Argentina, And those Star pistols that are Colt wannabees. I feel bad that I dissed Taurus though, As I do own and like it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I havent had to own a Norinco yet, Its a forged frame alright, But forged with what kind of metal ? Chinese Metal, There's no telling what kind of poision is leaking out of it.

I think you should look into the Norincos a bit more before you talk about the quality of the forgings.

There's a reason their AK variants with forged received sell at a premium, and their SKS sell for more than those of other makes. And their 1911s are very popular among those "in the know," particularly if looking for a base to build a race gun from.

It is not because they're made with pot metal.

They may be on par with the Argentine, but are leagues above the Spanish.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I havent had to own a Norinco yet, Its a forged frame alright, But forged with what kind of metal ? Chinese Metal, There's no telling what kind of poision is leaking out of it, But I do put them on par with the old Forged Sistemas from Argentina, And those Star pistols that are Colt wannabees. I feel bad that I dissed Taurus though, As I do own and like it.

Wow, so if you never owned a Norinco before how do you know Norinco is POS compare to Taurus? Also how do you know their metal quality and that there might be poision leaking out of it just because it's Chinese metal? I've seem people use Norinco for custom build because of their metal quality but I haven't seem people use Taurus for custom build.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Rickey, we have some pretty schooled folks here on the board. If you cant find rational reasons to support your opinions, you might want to read a little more than you post.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I havent had to own a Norinco yet, Its a forged frame alright, But forged with what kind of metal ? Chinese Metal, There's no telling what kind of poision is leaking out of it.

a3.bp.blogspot.com__GqZw4OVVQqU_RfPQbrLv5VI_AAAAAAAAACs_SGk2__B8mF4_s400_retards.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are right, I really have no buisness participating, My Apologies to all people that are offended by my opinions on firearms..

Well, some of us have opinions based on experience of ownership. Also, some of us understand the facts (not media driven opinions) behind chinese steel. This is a step above the tired ol' phrase of "if it ain't a Colt it's a copy" you hear from individuals that have never built on a Colt. Hint: They weren't built by god's hand. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom