Best 1911 for the $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for a $1,500 budget, besides excellent choices of a used Les Baer and used Wilson already mentioned.

not cheap, but certainly one of the best values for your $$$
Colt Gold Cup National Match, Series 4 Stainless.

found mine for $1,000 and felt it was a bargain.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_goldcup4.JPG

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I'm looking for a 5 inch full size, probably stainless, rail is not a necessary but a plus. Spend up to $1500 What is the best 1911 I can get for my money.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my Loaded Black Stainless Combat Springfield, but for a little over a grand you could get the target model with adjustable sights.

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you dead set on the SS look. I was the same way when looking for a 1911. Until i went to a gun show in OKC and found out about Cerakoting. Can pretty much get any color you want and is guaranteed to never scratch. I sure they can get the color close to SS (that what i also want). I bought a STI Spartan from Outlaws for $656 and comes with adjustable rear sight and fiber optic (orange) front sight. It is also much smoother slide than the Springfield GI's. But than again i also didnt have you budget lol.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you dead set on the SS look. I was the same way when looking for a 1911. Until i went to a gun show in OKC and found out about Cerakoting. Can pretty much get any color you want and is guaranteed to never scratch. I sure they can get the color close to SS (that what i also want). I bought a STI Spartan from Outlaws for $656 and comes with adjustable rear sight and fiber optic (orange) front sight. It is also much smoother slide than the Springfield GI's. But than again i also didnt have you budget lol.

I am pretty sure there are no finishes out there that can be guaranteed to never scratch. Especially if it's just a coating when you use holsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom