Best 1911 for the $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
As for the alloy railed 1911, check out the S&W in the link earlier in this thread, heck of a better gun than the Taurus, plus it's been loved on by Dr Greyson.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of this TRP, what do you guys think. The S&W didn't do much for me. Don't know where its been or how it shoots.

JW...Get the TRP.

I recently got a TRP...my first (non-military issue) 1911. Before I got it, I went to the gun show at H&H and shot every 1911 they had (to include Kimber and Wilson's). For me, the TRP can out-shoot every gun I've ever owned (including a Sig P226 and P220....my previous favorites).

My advice would be to buy one off Gunbroker. Got mine for a steal ($1082...new in the box) just a few months ago.

I noticed that you live in Moore (same here). I usually shoot at SGT Everett's. If you ever want to meet up at the range, you're welcome to shoot my TRP.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with taurus pt1911? (other than the hideous banner sized letters on the slide). I've been looking into one as a good option for an affordable gun

They've had several small part issues including safeties and ejectors falling out. IT also has a hammer lock that has been reported to turn the gun into a single shot.

Try looking at an STI Spartan.

Yeah mine beat the factory guide rod to death after 4000 rounds... $25 to wilsons and back in action... need to get back to torture testing it for all the naysayers.

Nice thing is it's a 1911, I don't have pay to ship it to and deal with taurus customer service when something breaks just get the wilsons replacement and move on.

If you can get one for the right price go for it, but I wouldn't pay full retail, paid $450 for mine.

Haven't been shooting mine recently shot the XD more this year.

There's a nice springfield loaded stainless in the classifieds right now for $675 that would be a good deal to jump on.

abbazabba73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive got a kimber pro cdp, springfield emp, 5) para hicaps, colt custom enhanced and a para ssp single stack..... for the $ my para ssp runs and is as reliable as all the rest of em!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to be this one - damn I wish I would have bought one before the prices went stupid:

awww.policemag.com__Images_news_1911_Blkwtr_web_1.jpg

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

JOEYII

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
About The Taurus... Broken Arrow Pd's 1911 Instructor Carries And Shoots A Taurus Every Day At The Range. Says He Loves It. I Had One For About 400 Rounds Without A Problem. Only Paid $475 For It. If I Had $1500 I Wouldn't Buy A Taurus, But I Dont Think It Is A Pos Either.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my perspective - Auto Ordnance / Kahr 1911s - ya gets what ya paid for. By the time ya gets it all tuned up n ready for the big dance, ya might as well spend the bucks up front.

:twocents:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BA PD SOT are issued Wilson CQB 1911's, why the 1911 instuctor would choose a Taurus over a Wilson is :confused:

About The Taurus... Broken Arrow Pd's 1911 Instructor Carries And Shoots A Taurus Every Day At The Range. Says He Loves It. I Had One For About 400 Rounds Without A Problem. Only Paid $475 For It. If I Had $1500 I Wouldn't Buy A Taurus, But I Dont Think It Is A Pos Either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom