Best 1911 for the $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprinfield Loaded 1911 or the great Colt 1911a1 5 inch, what ever you pay for these guns, you will always be able to get your money back, especially if it has Springfield or Colt stamped on it, Run from "no name guns" and stay away from the Aluminum frame guns in 1911 configuration'
1911s in order starting with first one that i would buy
1. Colt 1911 Stainless
2. SPringfield "Loaded" Stainless
3. Kimber ( any of them are worth the $)
4. Any Local reputable gun builder in town can build you a great gun for that price as well. I hear that Olyeller is a good one and some others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ithaca is introducing a deluxe $3,500 1911 A1 model. But, I've heard they may come out with a more basic version soon after - price point of $800-$1,200. Can't wait to see it.

Don't go buying a Taurus or Remington POS! If you have to have something right now, I'd go with a Springfield Mil-Spec or Loaded. Can't go wrong with either of those.

Personally, I prefer the Mil-Spec with its more classic lines. The Loaded is a little too Huggy Bear for my tastes. It just cries out, "LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!! STEAL ME!!!".

ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Web_20Avatars_1PB9108L.gif

Mil-Spec

ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Web_20Avatars_1PX9152LP.gif

Loaded

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only gave 300 for my last RIA> Other than it bitting me and making me bleed every shot think it was every bit as good as the new springer SS mil-spec i own now. I know the RIA had a lot tighter slide to frame fit, much tighter and the trigger was'nt to bad either.

Had to tune the extractor on the springer to make it reliable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom