Best 1911 for .......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for your opinions here. What is the best 1911 in the price range of $700-$900? Going to be used for occasional plinking and would like to rotate one in for concealed carry. I really like the Ruger SR1911 in the Commander size.....Gt Dist has the SR1911 for $635

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing and almost went with a Ruger Commander but it seemed heavy for a commander. I have been looking at the Kimber Pro Carry II.
Bullitt had a used Ruger Commander LNIB at the gunshow for 615.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both of my Commander-length 1911s were in that pricerange used. The Para Ordnance LCR had a bunch of internals changed out for Wilson combat stuff, and the Springfield stainless V-10 Champion. Both are excellent guns.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger is a nice choice, if your not in a big hurry you could find a nice Colt that's in your budget. You might also take a look at Sig.

Second this. Sigs and Rugers are one of the best deals out there IMO.

The S&W E series are nice, I really like them a lot but their grip safeties and thumb safeties are REALLY sloppy, to the point I've yet to pick one up that had a positive engagement on the thumb safety. Not good for carry.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Second this. Sigs and Rugers are one of the best deals out there IMO.

The S&W E series are nice, I really like them a lot but their grip safeties and thumb safeties are REALLY sloppy, to the point I've yet to pick one up that had a positive engagement on the thumb safety. Not good for carry.
I think that was an anomaly. The e series is mostly just a pretty version of the base sw1911. No slop and I carry mine a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom