Best 1911 in the $1,000 Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you want traditional 1911A1 appearance, or the more modern, yet basic- Beavertail grip safety, Novak or similar sights (Like SA Loaded version or basic Kimber), target gun or full bling?

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
STI Trojan. Top of your price range and best in your price range. S&W makes good ones in your range, Sig has very spotty extractors. Rock Island makes a generally good gun, but mine needed sight work and extractor tensioning.

Coonskinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you want traditional 1911A1 appearance, or the more modern, yet basic- Beavertail grip safety, Novak or similar sights (Like SA Loaded version or basic Kimber), target gun or full bling?

I don't think "full bling" is quite in my price range. :)

I lean more traditional, but mainly I just prefer blued steel rather than stainless.

I lovd my old Colt, except for the sights.

I like night sights, and the better triggers than the old GI models.

The guy at Medlock's n Collinsville recommended STI, but I have never shot one.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy at Medlock's n Collinsville recommended STI, but I have never shot one.

It's a 1911, and it shoots like one. This is one of the most highly recommended guns by competitive action shooters in terms of quality, reliability, and accuracy. You know, people who know what they're talking about because they do the shooting. In fact, the STI Trojan is the gun invariably mentioned when someone wants to start shooting single-stack. It's always toward the top of the list. And they don't come back up for sale very often as used guns. Sort of like Les Baer's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom