Best place to go Camping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wife and I are wanting to take the kids camping sometime in the next couple of weeks. Here are the requirements

Fairly secluded
Fishing available
Somewhere in the eastern half of the state, preferably north.

Ready. Go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sugarshane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
our faves (in no particular order) are Green leaf state park, Osage Hills state park, Lake Leather wood city park and Devil's den state park. Last 2 are in Arkansas but worth the short drive.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Main reason to stay in OK is so we don't have to buy fishing licenses, kinda want to avoid areas with other folks, really just back in the sticks somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
our faves (in no particular order) are Green leaf state park, Osage Hills state park, Lake Leather wood city park and Devil's den state park. Last 2 are in Arkansas but worth the short drive.

Osage Hills is nice and quiet, forgot about the lake there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Osage Hills is nice and quiet, forgot about the lake there.

Yes. The wife and I have stayed there at the cabins many weekends. Very quiet. There is a pool
You can rent boats to fish the lake. When we rent boats on the first day, we only request one day rental. They usually tell us to bring back the key when we leave a couple of days later (wink)
There was a doe with an ear tag named sugar that would hunt you down if you had a styrofoam cup in your hand.

She was addicted to the the sugar cubes that were stocked in the cabins for coffee. People would put them on a cup and she would walk right up to eat them.
I'm sure she is gone now, but it was a unique thing to do. :D

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not Northeastern, but the Wichita Mnts are spectacular in the winter time. Not so much Oct/Nov, but December through February are fantastic West of the refuge. You can get really far away from everything out there. It's nice, and we're trending towards a fire-friendly winter. Just be sure to pack the mummy bags.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not Northeastern, but the Wichita Mnts are spectacular in the winter time. Not so much Oct/Nov, but December through February are fantastic West of the refuge. You can get really far away from everything out there. It's nice, and we're trending towards a fire-friendly winter. Just be sure to pack the mummy bags.

Elk should be bugling too I'd think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom