Best Place To See The Ocean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm 29 years old, been working at the same job for over five years, and things are going good. In all the time that I have worked here, I've never called in sick that I can remember, and the only "off" time I ever took was one week in 2012 when I was with my Mom in the hospital when she had her knee replaced. I was at her bedside 24/7 helping her do everything and making sure that the hospital staff did right by here.

What I am getting at is that I have never had a vacation, and I think that I'd like to take one this year.

I've never seen the ocean, and I think that I'd like to try and do that.

I live in the middle of Oklahoma City, and I'm not sure the best way to see the ocean, so I'll throw that out to you guys.

What is the best "ocean" to see, if it is my first time, and should I drive there or fly there.

Money is an issue as I'm not super rich, but I could afford a little something something.

Thanks in advance,

Jestik

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it is the "BEST" ocien view, but the wife and I took our first vacation in 25 years of marriage last year and went to DESTIN Florida and it was very beautiful!
Good luck.

Edit; BTW, we went to Destin in December and it was amazing, just warm enough for shorts and had the beach to ourself. We did not get in the ocean water but had a heated sauna and heated pool.
Now if you want to see tities, i would say summertime would be good for that!

Nother Edit; my buddy goes to Cabo often and he says the traffic is not bad there and he loves it and keeps going back yearly.

3rd edit; don't forget the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, it is very beautiful there.

Last edited:

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jestik, when you see yourself looking at the ocean, do you see yourself surrounded by tourists/sunbathers or in a remote place enjoying it in solitude. There are many options here, but personally, I'd never choose a crowded setting. I opt for seclusion.

So, tell us about the setting you envision and we'll help you find it.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been partial to the Pacific Ocean, as I was born in the Philippines, and lived in Hawaii and San Diego.

That being said, you may want to check into resorts in Mexico, West Indies, etc., that sit on the ocean.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Destin is a great place to see the beach. But I don't consider the Gulf of Mexico to be the best Ocean view...you really need to get out to the Atlantic or Pacific coasts for that.

Kinda depends on what flavor you are looking for. For example; Do you want lounge chair, umbrella drinks and crowds or do you want rugged, rocky coast lines, crashing surf and forests?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Destin FL.

Easy quick drive, beautiful beaches, great fishing and food.

Stay here: http://www.destinseafarer.com/

This place is great, only 3 stories high, underground parking, every room has a balcony to the beach, its perfect.

This could be your view when you awaken.
media_cdn.tripadvisor.com_media_photo_s_04_a5_e9_59_destin_seafarer.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Northern Oregon coast. The Pacific left me speechless. I was talking to an old local in Washington and she said " I've driven the entire coast from Seattle to Baja. Northern Oregon makes Big Sur look like a kiddie pool."

She was right.

Not a beach for drinking fruity drinks on a towel, but that ain't my kinda beach. I'm going to Maine this summer.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is where I was a couple of weeks ago. Like I said above, I don't like crowded beaches. To get to this place, I had to sail a boat past Key West and to the Marquesas Keys. This was a tiny uninhabited island called Boo Boo Key. It took four days to reach this place from Miami. No tourists here. Ever.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom