Best setup for IWB? What do you have that hides really welll?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger LCP in a Remora holster. So long as my shirt doesn't ride up above my waist, it hides "really well" I'd say. But then it's a .380; it ought to.

It's the only "carry" gun I own now. Since I carried it all the time anyway (just too easy to grab and go), I sold off all the others. I kept the .45 and .357s for around the house though.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When exactly is an R9 too big? Thing is the best bang for size of anything out there.

OP, I've never found a situation where my CW9 in a crossbreed holster can't disappear. Originally was after a MK9 or PM9 but after holding and firing the CW9 I am really glad I got a big enough grip to get all my fingers on the grip.

I recently picked up an LCR and got a high noon (can't remember which model) holster. That little revolver might be even more concealable than the CW9. They are really close to the same size but the shape of the revolver helps it disappear even more.

Really only when wearing a suit and I want to pocket carry. Slacks aren't very forgiving, but that Seecamp is so small it looks like a toy gun.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crossbreed Supertuck at the 2:30 / 3:00 position and a Glock 23.

Even with shorts and a tight fitting slim shirt, I hide it well. I've actually carried a Glock 24L one time to a BBQ as a joke in it, LOL.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really only when wearing a suit and I want to pocket carry. Slacks aren't very forgiving, but that Seecamp is so small it looks like a toy gun.

The R9 is roughly the size of an LCP and other 380s, no? If so, I can see not wanting pocket carry that in some suit pants and other khakis and such. My Ruger can be a bit lumpy/bulky in a pocket of pants that are even remotely slim or tailored. Especially flat front pants.

Could easily carry IWB with a suit coat (if you never took it off). The Seecamp is notably smaller in a than the LCP when I handled them side by side. I've never handled a Rorhbaugh in person with the others right next to it to compare.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber Ultra Carry 3" 1911 IWB. It is 26 ounces but carries much easier "for me" than my Glock 19. Since I'm usually just going to Braum's or Wal-Mart not to war I don't really worry about the reduced capacity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom