Best way to defend boat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A flare gun is a terrifying weapon at close range and no one would question why you have one on board.

use-flare-gun-1.jpg

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the mossberg marine version(you could even use just a pistol grip in the boat) and set it up on retainer/lock like in a police car....hide the button well and remove when not in the boat. The guy would have quickly got himself in the water when he boarded your vessel illegally and you put that up as a motivator. The other guys in his boat would become moot at that point. Something about a 12 gauge discourages the hell out of jackasses like this.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still dumbfounded as to why you didn't call the lake patrol or the local PD when this happened. At least you would have had your statement on file if something happens later, or these fools terrorize someone else.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MF'er steps on my boat in anger, there is gonna be a fight, I'll guarantee it. Gaff or not, he would either have used it or he would have gotten his ass kicked in a hurry. Either way, someone would have left beat to hell. Might have been him, might have been me, but someone would have taken an ass whipping. That's complete horseshit. Call the Highway Patrol, now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They took off pretty quick. No witness's, my word against several families (related). I knew where they were camping from having gone to the dock previously to pick people up, and a friend went to get tag #'s within minutes of it happening, they were leaving, yelling about getting out before the cops got there. Basically it was just a fight. Most fights never get reported. He just happened to bring a gaff on board with him. Something I thought of today, since he tried to get me in the water, and told me to get in the water, could that be considered an attempted jacking?

A boat is just like any other motor vehicle in the state of OK. The GRDA Lake Patrol covers the Grand River Dam Authority covered areas. The rest of the lakes are Oklahoma Lake Patrol. You should call them anytime someone does something foolish like that. I do carry on my boat at all times (glove compartment if I need to take it off). If someone boards my boat with a potentially deadly weapon such as a gaff, they'd better be there at my request to help haul in a huge fish. Otherwise, they're getting a face full of .45ACP. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I'm the guy on the other side of this story, but not the person in the op.
My wife and I were fishing from our little 8' bass buster boat in beaver creek on Kaw lake several years ago.
We were in a section of the creek that is about 100' wide fishing for crappie when a jack hole fishing a bass tourney (I fish them) came ripping up the creek at 50 mph plus, and swamped our little boat, washing the wife's purse overboard, as well as a tackle box. We got them back onboard, and in anger I started the 4hp wizard and found the jack hole around the next corner.
Boarded his boat and slapped him like a biatch when the smart mouth idiot tried to defend his position by stating he was fishing a tourney and money was involved.
Yep, I was the aggressor, and was armed.
Flame me if you may, but sometimes idiots need to get a lesson in reality

Latest posts

Top Bottom