Bicyclists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
low traffic state highways are typically the *most* dangerous for bicyclists...that would literally be sending bicyclists to their death for your convenience

Please explain. That defies logic.

For my convenience and their safety, I would rather see them ride on the bicycle paths that are available. BTW, none of you pro-cycling in high volume traffic areas have explained why recreational biking cannot be taken to these designated paths.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and @donner has a great point...if you want to understand what's going on from their perspective (which is necessary to understand the complex problems involved), then take the time to go ride...simply banning them from driving their bikes where you want to drive your cars won't work (as is the case with gun bans)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The 'including but not limited to' and the "any time it is unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway" are important. If you aren't willing to go ride with them, how do you know it's 'safe' to ride single file? I'm certainly not saying single file wouldn't be better. Frankly, i don't know what their exact situation is. I do know from experience that it might not be, but again, the situation at that moment might dictate one approach or another.

I'm not willing to go ride with them because it's not safe to ride on those roads at all.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and @donner has a great point...if you want to understand what's going on from their perspective (which is necessary to understand the complex problems involved), then take the time to go ride...simply banning them from driving their bikes where you want to drive your cars won't work (as is the case with gun bans)

Now that I've learned that I only have to give them 3 feet, I'm all good.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i suggested riding with them to learn their perspective, not that you had to ride those same roads. Give them a chance. Or are you just another follower of the Mothers Against Gun Violence types?

Who said any thing about violence? My perspective is this. The roads are not safe for bicycles.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please explain. That defies logic....
Which is why it helps to know a little about the consequences of creating policy, or outright banning things, that you don't seem to fully understand.

..For my convenience and their safety, I would rather see them ride on the bicycle paths that are available. BTW, none of you pro-cycling in high volume traffic areas have explained why recreational biking cannot be taken to these designated paths.
Because bikes have just as might right to the roadway as cars do, so it's really their choice. Another reason is there are many places to rides bikes where there aren't paths. If I want to ride my bike from OKC to Tulsa, where is the bike path? Even in the city, most point A to point B commutes don't encompass a bike path.

Latest posts

Top Bottom