Biden: The assault-weapons ban is “just the beginning” of our gun-control plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Seems to me that weapons of war are select fire military weapons, not common use clause(see Heller decision) civillian owned semi-automatic firearms.

How many civilian select fire weapons are available or in production for purchase in the civilian market without the required NFA restrictions and registrations?

Look, just by using their own rationale here for a semi-automatic firearms ban, if this debate is truly about banning weapons of war, shouldn't their focus be on select fire weapons? Feinstein's bill is so broadly written that well over 2,000 common use firearms had to be exempted or they would otherwise be banned. However, if it has an AWB banned Feinstein cosmetic characteristic aesthetic feature that does not affect the function of the firearm in any way, it is still banned, despite the exemption. If this isn't government registration, overreach and infringement of a constitutional right what is? Apply this scenario to any other constitutional right(to vote or have an abortion for example) and many of the supporters of the semi-automatic standard capacity magazine firearms ban would be fierce opponents of what would be proposed.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/27/feinsteins-new-assault-weapon-ban-read-i

The 122-page bill consists mostly of Appendix A, which takes up 95 pages and lists 2,258 "Firearms Exempted by the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013." As I said on Friday, this list is redundant at best, since any gun that is not specifically named as an "assault weapon" and does not meet the more general definitions is not supposed to be covered by the law, whether or not it is explicitly "exempted." It seems the main point of Appendix A is to impress us with Feinstein's lenience. Look, she specifically allows 14 times as many gun models as she specifically prohibits!

As for the list of 157 guns that are banned by name, it is much longer than the list in the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004 (which Feinstein also sponsored), and its terms are broader. While the expired ban covered "copies or duplicates" of the 18 named firearms, the new one covers "copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles"-language that seems designed to keep lawyers busy. The references to "variants" and "altered facsimiles" suggest that a gun can be deemed an "assault weapon" even if it is not listed and does not have any forbidden "military-style characteristics." Maybe that's one reason Feinstein tries to reassure gun owners with her lengthy list of exempted firearms.

A story in Friday's New York Times claims Feinstein's bill would "ban certain characteristics of guns that make them more lethal." By describing the bill that way, reporter Jennifer Steinhauer endorses Feinstein's fraudulent premise that "assault weapons" are especially suited to mass murder or other kinds of gun crime. Here are the characteristics that, according to Feinstein, turn a semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine into an "assault weapon": a pistol grip or forward grip, a grenade launcher or rocket launcher, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel, or a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

Don't let them to pull a massive bait and switch by trying to frame the "assault weapons ban" for anything other than what it is, an unconstitutional, common use clause protected, incrementalist semi-automatic standard capacity magazine firearms ban.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
562203_10151636705691833_1939805796_n.jpg

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Largest capacity clip I've seen is the 10 round stripper clip I use for my SKS's.

I do know for a fact that my 5 round mausers and Mosin's were designed as a weapon of war, but my friend's AR-15 wasn't.

I am confused.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am confused.

That is exactly what the lib MSM wants, everyone confused and voting on the "facts/lib propaganda" that the lib MSM has so generously indoctrinated into the sheeple voters over the airwaves. It is all part of their "dumbing down America for fun & political gain/profit/control agenda". PS, yes I know the difference between a "clip" and a "magazine" but a lot of sheeple voters don't.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a malevolent gun banner but I think what he is saying here is being said out of weakness. He knows the current gun control measures are probably all going to be defeated so he is trying to make himself look better by talking tough.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weather just talking tuff or accidentally getting emotional involved & slipping that they have much broader plans to remove our gun rights? Either way people like this, people who will not stop forcing their ideals down our throats especially when it tramples our Constitutional rights should be removed from office & thrown in prison for Treason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom