Big Cats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DF334A9D-D05E-4D10-89B5-27FD9443D23D.jpeg

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen over a dozen with my bare eyes in over 6 decades in the outdoors. Three in SE Okla and almost hit one crossing I40 on my way to a Bass tournament this side of Shawnee. The rest were in Colorado during the years I lived there. Shot at one that was about to jump on me while deer hunting in 1972. Never seen a black one.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it was 30 years ago. But this is not far at all from where I hunt right off Arkansas river, I’m sure they used this river to travel. I have also heard something scream once. Sounded like something off Jurassic park and really didn’t think much about it when it happened. Just thought. hmm, that’s different. Lol
My adult son was delivering something to a house near Shell Creek Lake, northwest of Sand Springs, a few years ago, when an adult cougar walked into the yard! The people were not home, and he just got in his truck, and watched it a while. I have seen two wild courgars in N.E. Oklahoma, and one in N.W. Arkansas. over many years. They are in these areas, but just hard to see!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy I know has what he clams is a Bob Cat, House Cat, cross! This thing looks like it likely is. I was at his house one day, he had several hounds laying in the yard, when this BIG cat walked through where the hounds were laying. They ALL got up, and made a path for this cat!!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went down the Joe Rogan Experience rabbit hole and googled stuff from Oklahoma wild life department and was wondering about big cats in Oklahoma.

I believe Oklahoma has mountain lions, but has anyone actually seen anything bigger than a bob cat? (Trail cam, cell phone pic, scat, paw print?)

Here’s bob cat pic I got a few weeks ago deer hunting.

Feel free to post up any cat pics y’all have! View attachment 332639
Yep, seen a couple on the south Canadian and seen one on the Cimarron.
Got a bobcat that stays near a creek, 1/4 mile from our house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom