Big pot of beans on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget the special utensil.

1705373411486.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Us too except we made a big batch a month or so back and froze it! Prefer saltines to cornbread in my chili along with a splash of Tabasco.
Same here. Crackers vs cornbread in chili or ham and beans. We do love a big dollop of horse radish in our ham and bean bowl. Wife had never heard of that. Once she tried it, she won't have beans any other way.
Beef stock instead of water for the cook, onions added toward the end, fresh cloves of garlic smashed and put with the beans.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife fixed a big pot of beef stew Saturday with cornbread. That stuff has been simmering since then and I swear the longer it simmers the better it gets. Been eating on it for 3 days and everytime I get a bowl I swear it is better than the last one. Takes time to cook in the flavor throughout.

PS: On the 3rd pan of cornbread this time, Mexican style.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife fixed a big pot of beef stew Saturday with cornbread. That stuff has been simmering since then and I swear the longer it simmers the better it gets. Been eating on it for 3 days and everytime I get a bowl I swear it is better than the last one. Takes time to cook in the flavor throughout.

PS: On the 3rd pan of cornbread this time, Mexican style.
Stew is my specialty. This last pot was three gallons and it lasted two weeks. This time I added breaded okra slices which thickened the stew and gave it that okra flavor. Bay leaves enhance the beef flavor and I add those in the very beginning of the liquid, right after I brown the beef and onions. I love a head of cabbage in mine but wifey hates cabbage so this time I left it out. I still added celery, carrots, corn, tomato sauce, paste and diced tomatoes, hotsauce and ketchup to taste. The vinegar in the ketchup gives it a zing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom