[Bleep] Pocket Gophers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have killed around 60-75 gophers on our 35 acres by using these traps. They are actually manufactured here in Henryetta. It takes a little bit of practice and patience, but they are 100% effective when used properly. They sell them at hardware stores here in town. I will be in Tulsa Thursday morning, I can pick you one up. Let me know.

http://www.dcconservation.com/GrowthAids/Gopher Traps.htm

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have killed around 60-75 gophers on our 35 acres by using these traps. They are actually manufactured here in Henryetta. It takes a little bit of practice and patience, but they are 100% effective when used properly. They sell them at hardware stores here in town. I will be in Tulsa Thursday morning, I can pick you one up. Let me know.

http://www.dcconservation.com/GrowthAids/Gopher Traps.htm

Jeff, that's the trap that my neighbor was using! He already told me where in Tulsa to get them (Atwoods), but I appreciate the offer. Thanks :thumb:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traps are way too much of a PITA and labor intensive. The poison applicator can treat 50 mounds in 30 minutes and your done for the next couple years as long as you apply enough of the poison grain. It will kill them ALL in a day or less and the remaining grain that did not get eaten will be there for a l ong time waiting for future gophers that might move in. With a trap, you will kill one in a day if your lucky.
Propane would work i'm sure but there is no way to know when you have put enough in there to fill their network of tunnels. And its not cheap either. The poison applicator is 25 bucks one time. A 1 pound can of poison will last you years and its 10 bucks.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traps are way too much of a PITA and labor intensive. The poison applicator can treat 50 mounds in 30 minutes and your done for the next couple years as long as you apply enough of the poison grain. It will kill them ALL in a day or less and the remaining grain that did not get eaten will be there for a l ong time waiting for future gophers that might move in. With a trap, you will kill one in a day if your lucky.
Propane would work i'm sure but there is no way to know when you have put enough in there to fill their network of tunnels. And its not cheap either. The poison applicator is 25 bucks one time. A 1 pound can of poison will last you years and its 10 bucks.

Thanks, but I've worked enough with the consequences of environmental contaminants, especially pesticides, to not want to mess with that stuff. I'd rather put more effort into mechanical means of removing gophers from my yard :)

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an instructor in tech school that made his own trap from a "short" single shot 20ga., a bicycle rack, a solenoid, a trip wire, and a car battery.:cannon:. He bought a cheap dome tent and cut most of the bottom out of it to cover his contraption. He lived out in the sticks somewhere and his nearest neighbor was over a mile away. He would dig out the mound and place said trip wire over the hole. When the offending rodent came back to cover the hole again he would get a welcome present he couldnt remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom