[Bleep] Pocket Gophers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makemydaysissy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds stupid but the little windmills the sell at harbor frieght worked for me.
all they do is stick in the ground a bit and the windmill viberates the ground
and drives them away. i have to replace it about twice a year but there cheap!!!:ou1

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Giant Destroyers
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/giant-destroyer-p-837.html

awww.domyownpestcontrol.com_images_giant_destroyer.jpg

you can get them from Atwoods or the co-ops.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always flooded them out. Go to the highest mound and put the water hose in for an hour or two. Then go to the next.

Of course we had a water well at the time so it didn't cost us much to run the water all day to kill them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had any luck with the gas bombs and they are pricy here in my area. If you want to gas em, run a hose off your tailpipe on the car and into the tunnel. Let it idle for 20-30 minutes or whatever. That works. Very human also as they will just fall asleep and die.
You must use a gas engine for this as diesels don't produce hardly any carbon monoxide. I found that out the hard way after spending several hours trying to gas the gophers with my 2 cyl diesel tractor exhaust. The next week i still had LOTS of new mounds which told me it failed so i researched into it and sure enough....
Kick all the mounds down when done so you can easily monitor new activity...repeat as needed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the rodenator. My grandma used pieces of sweet potato with a strychnine center. Chewey on the outside, deadly on the inside. CB

I don't think you can get that any more.
problem using that or other poisons on them is my dogs can smell a gopher in the ground. If they dig one up, they also die.
I prefer traps. Shoot, I trap furbears in the fall and have to pay the state for the privledge.
Gophers are free, and year around entertainment! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom