Bowling Pin match in Duncan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hear people all the time talk about not wanting to shoot matches because they "won't be any good at it". Well how will you ever get any good at it if you don't get out there and do it?

Steel challenge is a very new shooter friendly type of match. You stand in a box and shoot 5 steel plates. Every match I've been to at OKCGC has had kids age 7 and up competing as well.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if this week's bowling pin match should teach people anything is that MOST folks do not judge other shooters on their ability.

Most of the shooters were very helpful to the newer shooters. Giving encouragement, pointers and even loaning equipment and ammo.

There are a few, and you can usually tell them from their secret handshakes, but as for the other people, we are just there to shoot, have fun and root everyone else on!!!

This match was an awesome blast of fun!!!

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By this do you mean when everyone booed me for picking lane 3 on the championship round?

I must have been preoccupied if anyone was booing seriously.

I honestly don't remember any serious "booing", at least not anyone that I was with.

I look at it as good fun.

When you step up to the line, all bets are off, even between friends.

I thought the winner (you?) of the final shootoff picked lane 6.

I know that I was more comfortable that day, for whatever reason, in lane 3.

BTW, if that was you in the final shootout, nice shooting!!

Some of the shooters out there are really fun to watch.

Wish I had more time to practice that stuff.

Dave

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, I'm the guy who won it.
If there was any bad talk about the performance of one another, it was most likely amongst my friends that I shoot with almost every weekend. We always trash talk each other to keep things fun.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was funny the guys doing the wave. I did not shoot but I sure enjoyed watching everyone else. Definitely enjoyed meeting fellow OSA members,. I was not able to stay but glad to hear one the the OSA team winning. Congrats robar-g19 on your win.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on the upper level with the Boomer guys doing the wave. I know several of them and they were talking trash about each other during the whole match. They pretty much do that at every match I've seen them at. Some really funny guys.

Very proud of my son who won the match. It was a close finish.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went today it was my first match of any kind and had more fun than I've had in awhile I only made it 4 rounds but it was a new gun and load so once I get em dialed in and practice..... Alot lol maybe I'll hang in the match a bit longer
It was pretty neat watching the boomer shooters team even got beat by one of their guys very badly I might add lol will definitely attend the next one

Hey RRB, you ought to get on the Facebook page for Firearms solutions and tag yourself in some photos. I spent a good chunk of time early this AM tagging OSA members that I've met.

The dinner that I attended after the shootout was really fun as well, too bad the service wasn't up to par for you guys though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom