Bowling Pin Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They must have changed the rules. Last year I remember each round being limited to three minutes.

Maximum of 8 rounds per magazine. As many magazines as you can carry to the firing line. I usually lay about ten out there. (Better to have too many than not enough). When time and cease fire is called, if pins are still on both tables, whoever has the most pins down is the winner.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bowling pin shoots are head to head double elimination. Multi Gun is single shooter against the clock. Shortest time wins. The Handgun portion must be completed prior to jogging to the rifle shoot. Haven't done multi Gun but heard it was a good time. Pretty sure the rifle stuff is pretty much open gun; optics and what have you. Must folks wouldn't be in a hurry to shoot bowling pins without optics at 150 yards although I admire any that have attempted or will attempt it. Spoken by a revolver shooter.

So for multigun, how many stages do you shoot? Kinda sounds like you shoot once and that is your time.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So for multigun, how many stages do you shoot? Kinda sounds like you shoot once and that is your time.
I did not participate in the multi gun last year but spoke to several that did. I believe your assumption is correct with only one attempt. I think they had an issue with a couple of the first heats, on their first go around. They did a tactical pause and reset and had a great event. I regret not participating in it as it sounds pretty cool. As for the pin shoots I think they do a fantastic job running it and I don't think there has been a hiccup yet. If there was it wasn't apparent to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knocking a ****ing bowling pin off a piece of plywood is harder than you think. Take my word for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
But darn if it don't make you get out there and polish a few of those rough edges [emoji15] heck it even made me step up my game in updating my home range, rework a couple loading practices, and it's really made my double action shooting leaps and bounds better. Probably the neatest thing is if you take a pin and hold it with the top at about chin level and look and see what vitals are behind the pin... That puts a whole new aspect on practice.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not participate in the multi gun last year but spoke to several that did. I believe your assumption is correct with only one attempt. I think they had an issue with a couple of the first heats, on their first go around. They did a tactical pause and reset and had a great event. I regret not participating in it as it sounds pretty cool. As for the pin shoots I think they do a fantastic job running it and I don't think there has been a hiccup yet. If there was it wasn't apparent to me.

The bowling pin match sounds fun. But no way I'm driving over 2 hours to shoot once for the multigun version.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bowling pin match sounds fun. But no way I'm driving over 2 hours to shoot once for the multigun version.
That's a perfect argument there [emoji1] although we got a new 1200 yard range kicking off shortly. I think it's 30 bucks at the door. Not sure what he used to lay in the targets. If I was a betting man I guess a GPS. That's a boat load of steel targets to get humbled by.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But darn if it don't make you get out there and polish a few of those rough edges [emoji15] heck it even made me step up my game in updating my home range, rework a couple loading practices, and it's really made my double action shooting leaps and bounds better. Probably the neatest thing is if you take a pin and hold it with the top at about chin level and look and see what vitals are behind the pin... That puts a whole new aspect on practice.

Hitting them wa so problem. KNOCKING THEM OFF was a problem

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sucks when you hit them too low and they lay down on the table with the head pointing straight toward you. You then have a 4" target. It is the equivalent of the pin shooting you the middle finger. If you hit that anywhere but the center 1", it will result in just spinning or moving it on the table. Some of those pins are fighters!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom