Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many criticize Manning for putting our troops in danger, all while ignoring the fact that our troops were placed where they shouldn't have been in the first place, yet everyone seems okay with THAT danger.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

When was the last time U.S. troops were fighting to "defend the Constitution of the United States"? It certainly hasn't been since the end of WWII. "Obeying the orders of the President", yes. Defending the Constitution, no. Those we've been killing for over a decade are no threat to our constitution at all. But the hacks sending our troops over there sure are.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time U.S. troops were fighting to "defend the Constitution of the United States"? It certainly hasn't been since the end of WWII. "Obeying the orders of the President", yes. Defending the Constitution, no. Those we've been killing for over a decade are no threat to our constitution at all. But the hacks sending our troops over there sure are.

Exactly.

I'm not trying to offend our troops or our veterans, I appreciate the hell out of the sacrifices they've been willing to make, and have made. I'll support our troops all day long, I just don't always support the reason why they're having to make these sacrifices. Our current occupations and conflicts happen to fall under the column of reasons which lack my support.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm confused 9/11 was the most recent attack on our nation since WWII and Pearl Harbor. If I recall correctly more Americans died on 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly.

I'm not trying to offend our troops or our veterans, I appreciate the hell out of the sacrifices they've been willing to make, and have made. I'll support our troops all day long, I just don't always support the reason why they're having to make these sacrifices. Our current occupations and conflicts happen to fall under the column of reasons which lack my support.

So 9/11 is under the column of lack of support. wow

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused 9/11 was the most recent attack on our nation since WWII and Pearl Harbor. If I recall correctly more Americans died on 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor.

But what caused the 9/11 attacks? Let's not pretend like Muslims hated us because of our bald eagles and freedoms. "Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns." Doesn't justify what happened, but it does help to understand that we weren't just innocent ole America minding our own business when all of a sudden we were blindsided.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what caused the 9/11 attacks? Let's not pretend like Muslims hated us because of our bald eagles and freedoms. "Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns." Doesn't justify what happened, but it does help to understand that we weren't just innocent ole America minding our own business when all of a sudden we were blindsided.

Many say and feel we knew that Pearl Harbor was going to happen. And the same could be said about that. We were not innocent ole America minding our own business.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Indeed. And this was also much the case at Pearl Harbor.

ETA: What HMT204 said.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So 9/11 is under the column of lack of support. wow

Our current engagements haven't had anything to do with 9/11 for some time now. Plus, it's kind of hard to scrounge up support for a bully who pushes a nerd a bit too much and the nerd breaks the bully's jaw. In a way, America asked for some sort of retaliation. Now, it's beyond horrible that retaliation cost 3,000 innocent civilians their lives and I definitely wish we could have learned our lesson through some other means that didn't involve innocent people, but we can't turn back time at this point and can only move forward hopefully a little wiser as a nation. However, we keep expanding our occupation efforts which is in turn expanding the resentment towards our nation as a whole. Eventually, we'll push another nerd over the edge and then scream about how we're victims when that nerd breaks our jaw again.

I do not support this cycle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom