BREAKING: Texas AG Accuses Cheaper Than Dirt of Price Gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AG isn't attempting to tell them what to charge. The problem seems to be the deceptive pricing, where the advertised price is one thing, but when they went to "check-out" the price had changed. I have no disagreement with the AG stepping in to correct that sort of deception.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can the Texas government tell them what they can ask for their products? I haven’t shopped there since sandy hook. And I won’t ever again. There are plenty to other good businesses to use.

The government can not tell them how much to charge, but they can charge them if the company is blatantly ripping off the public. They have done it with gas stations and others in the past. A one time a mouse could fart in the middle east and some gas stations would double their gas prices over night. Now they have to be mindful that the government is watching. They can still raise their price based on what they think gas will cost them in the future. They just can not be stupid about it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, now the AG can regulate free market? Sounds like a slippery slope to traverse to me. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I think it'll be great when the .gov gets to decide what you can sell a product for. :popcorn:

BTW, if that passes, you watch the orders for ammo go down in Texas. I wouldn't sell it if it's not a free market. The wholesale has gone up too.

Read the attached article. That's not what's being done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom