Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a bit of a sidestep to the OP but very associated.
A lot of folks on OSA know each other and can covey up to help each other during a bug in or bug out. But many of us dont know any OSA folks living close by. And since we all at OSA share a common desire to survive and help members survive I think we should have OSA signs the size of an ADT security sign at our house to let OSA bug out travelers know they are welcome during their journey.
I like that idea! Just a simple sign with only OSA on the sign. most would not know what OSA means unless they are familiar with this forum. I'd put one in my yard! The only unintended consequence which I just thought of is, there could be some not so well-meaning folk who know what OSA stood for, they could very well assume there are guns on the premises, which could pose a risk when not at home. So that would be a consideration. Perhaps not such an obvious signage, but maybe something very subtle that only trusted OSA members would recognize ........... persons who have been met in person by other trusted OSA members and vouched for? Thoughts?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where the trap comment comes from but as Forgalspop mentioned in could pose issues due to unwanted folks showing up because they know what OSA is. I just thought it may be a way to help folks on their buyout travels. So never mind.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure where the trap comment comes from but as Forgalspop mentioned in could pose issues due to unwanted folks showing up because they know what OSA is. I just thought it may be a way to help folks on their buyout travels. So never mind.
There are a lot of people get on osa just looking to buy or sell and may not have good intentions

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in the inner city it’s like your bug in house will become your death trap. Bugging out isn’t just about taking your back pack and a couple of MRE’s. Most folks that chose to bug out actually have plans and have practiced this. I’ve got a younger neighbor, Ex-Army, that has a group of people that meets at his house every other week. They are all bugging out. These guys have put a lot of thought, work and planning into this. At least once a month they and their families all head out for a weekend camping out. Summer, fall, winter and spring. I don’t ask a lot of questions but I’ve gleamed that they have a number of bug out location including a couple out of state. This group has been together over 5 years. And I can do Les Stroud with the stuff in my bug out bag at the drop of a hat. My grandkids are quickly learning how to make do with what they have or craft up what they need.
So you aren't the person I was talking about. The person I was talking about is the accountant that has his old backpack from college filled with granola bars and made in China "survival" tools, who has no place to go, and thinks he'll just stumble across a well-stocked cabin in the woods as if he is Goldilocks. If you have no real plan and no real skills then bugging out is just choosing to die in the woods versus dying in your home. You won't make it. I can tell you from my personal observations, especially over the past year and a half, there are a ton of people who are very confident in their bug-out bag being able to save them who will not, short of Jesus Himself intervening, make it a week post-collapse.

Keeping in line with where the thread is at discussion-wise, the best thing you can do for your preps is to build community. Make friends with skills. You can't possibly be a master-tier farmer, carpenter, doctor, veterinarian, electrician, mechanic, soldier, tailor, leatherworker, rancher, blacksmith, etc etc etc. Sure, with a lot of money and time you could be a jack of all trades (and a master of none). But it is much more effective to have a group of buddies who have mastered a critical skill, and you just build your own little village. That is how you live long-term post-collapse and into the rebuilding. If you don't have a prepper friend group there is no point in buying precious metals for bartering - by the time things have stabilized enough for precious metals to have value again you're likely dead.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you aren't the person I was talking about. The person I was talking about is the accountant that has his old backpack from college filled with granola bars and made in China "survival" tools, who has no place to go, and thinks he'll just stumble across a well-stocked cabin in the woods as if he is Goldilocks. If you have no real plan and no real skills then bugging out is just choosing to die in the woods versus dying in your home. You won't make it. I can tell you from my personal observations, especially over the past year and a half, there are a ton of people who are very confident in their bug-out bag being able to save them who will not, short of Jesus Himself intervening, make it a week post-collapse.

Keeping in line with where the thread is at discussion-wise, the best thing you can do for your preps is to build community. Make friends with skills. You can't possibly be a master-tier farmer, carpenter, doctor, veterinarian, electrician, mechanic, soldier, tailor, leatherworker, rancher, blacksmith, etc etc etc. Sure, with a lot of money and time you could be a jack of all trades (and a master of none). But it is much more effective to have a group of buddies who have mastered a critical skill, and you just build your own little village. That is how you live long-term post-collapse and into the rebuilding. If you don't have a prepper friend group there is no point in buying precious metals for bartering - by the time things have stabilized enough for precious metals to have value again you're likely dead.
You do what works best for you. Good luck!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch 60 Minutes Australia on Yutube streaming channel, on ROKU or ?, for UNCENSORED NEWS, on Communist China's military plans to take Taiwan! There are several programs on this, and related subject matter, I suggest you start with the program titled " WAR WITH CHINA!" What do you think Biden will do when that happens? Everything that has happened in the last two years, the pandemic, rigged election, etc. is making more since all the time! GOOD LUCK TO US!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stay at your house...I've got a 4 man fire team that can assemble within 3 blocks of my house and we'll come get you and help you carry all the toys to our house (;
Don’t forget a trip south for more del rancho. Wouldn’t want to be locked up with a Joel going through chicken fried steak withdrawals

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you show up flying an OSA flag so we see it from a long ways off😉
I’ll be a long ways off sending in a hungry person waving that flag thinking OSA means “overstocked serious appetizers” to check out the reception through my crosshairs. :hey3::D

Latest posts

Top Bottom