Butler Creek "Hot Lips" 10/22 Mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have some hotlips that work great in mine and my bro's 10/22, they also work good in my charger. so you may have a gun that is mag picky and dnt like hotlips, mine doesnt like eagle 30rndrs while others love em. i think on 10/22's alot depends on the rifle itself

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make steel "hot lips".... I have several of them and no issues period. And again they are Butler Creek steel lips...

Yeah, the polymer lipped mags are "hot lips" and the steel lipped mags are "steel lips". Mine are the hot lips and they don't work. I'm not even going to try this brand again. I think I'm going to stick with the factory 10rd mags.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the polymer lipped mags are "hot lips" and the steel lipped mags are "steel lips". Mine are the hot lips and they don't work. I'm not even going to try this brand again. I think I'm going to stick with the factory 10rd mags.

Cool I just know alot of people that went steel after trying the hot lips. They had no issues. Enjoy your 10/22.. :D

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have some hotlips that work great in mine and my bro's 10/22, they also work good in my charger. so you may have a gun that is mag picky and dnt like hotlips, mine doesnt like eagle 30rndrs while others love em. i think on 10/22's alot depends on the rifle itself

Well, when the mag is close to full, the cartridges don't rebound quickly when depressed. It seems like they're dragging in the magazine. If the round was at the top of the mag, it would feed when I manually retracted the bolt and let it slam forward, but the next round would jam. Then the following round would be OK because it had time to move to the top while I was clearing the rifle, but then the next round would jam.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AS has been said by several here.. And all of you are correct.. Mine did not like the Hot Lips... But had no issues with the steel lips.. I do have 2 hot lips for sale cheap... lolololol...

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when the mag is close to full, the cartridges don't rebound quickly when depressed. It seems like they're dragging in the magazine. If the round was at the top of the mag, it would feed when I manually retracted the bolt and let it slam forward, but the next round would jam. Then the following round would be OK because it had time to move to the top while I was clearing the rifle, but then the next round would jam.

Sounds like what my hot lips did...

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like what my hot lips did...

Sometimes I "over-react" when things don't work like they should. I got pretty mad when these not-so-cheap mags didn't work right out of the box. I tried every thing I could think of to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they simply don't work. I don't like wasting time with crappy products.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I "over-react" when things don't work like they should. I got pretty mad when these not-so-cheap mags didn't work right out of the box. I tried every thing I could think of to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they simply don't work. I don't like wasting time with crappy products.

I can totally understand that... And not wanting to try the steel lips... I enjoy the heck out of my 10/22... The stock 10 rounders are great anyway. Just get a couple of them. :D

[Broken External Image]

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Have One Of The Bc Steel Lips And It Works Fine.

It You Dont Mind Spending The Money Tectical Innovations Makes A Nice Mag For The 10/22, It Is Not Cheap But It Is Completly Adjustable To Ensure Proper Fit And Feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom