Buzzards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm from Woodward and saw them flying around all the time in the 60s but have never seen one in central OK till today. Between Mustang and Union City there was one sitting on a corner post along HWY 152. I never saw that in NW OK.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, they sit around up here NW of Enid on telephone poles, corner posts and barn ridges. Sometimes by themselves, sometimes there's several of them. Maybe his dinner was near by?

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A word of caution, and I'm speaking from personal experience.

If you get too close to one, as a defense mechanism they will projectile vomit their stomach contents which resemble a mixture of milk, blood, and chunky bits. This mixture is utterly vile, and big fun if it lands on you. 99% chance you'll be vomiting within minutes after smelling it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A word of caution, and I'm speaking from personal experience.

If you get too close to one, as a defense mechanism they will projectile vomit their stomach contents which resemble a mixture of milk, blood, and chunky bits. This mixture is utterly vile, and big fun if it lands on you. 99% chance you'll be vomiting within minutes after smelling it.

Ah, memories.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having dry heaves just reading the description. <urp!>

Latest posts

Top Bottom