C&J Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what separates this range from other outdoor ranges such as banner for example. I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere or even videos. The only youtube video found is a guy test firing his .308 at c&j range but that's about it. More info please? Pictures, videos, prices? Very interested.

Several of us get together there on a regular basis. There is plenty of shade, plenty of seating, lots of room to set up all the stuff you might want to bring out. Parking is situated where you can turn and see your vehicle ...The owner is EXTREMELY accommodating and I have seen improvements every time I've got out ...

If I (a GURL!! **gasp**) can get my big old Suburban up that driveway, anybody can ...

That said, big city types would probably not like it. Some folks prefer indoor ranges and don't mind the limitations ... some folks don't like the limitations that indoor ranges, quite frankly, have to have to keep yahoos from tearing their **** up ...

CJ's is a nice quiet, fairly comfortable place to go shoot ... We will be buying a membership in 90 or so days when GC retires, even though we will pass up closer ranges ... Why? Less rules, less dumbasses and better customer service ...

cjgunrange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can find most of the pictures on our facebook page we do not have a official website operational. https://www.facebook.com/cj.gunrange.

Your right oldphart its a work in progress. My wife and I put and continue to put lots of time into the building of the range. Our biggest work in progress is the name i've heard it called the gully of death. We are trying to get a bridge across it instead of having to take the trails. Also when it rains it washes out everything the gravel on the driveway. We originally had the driveway and parking lot graveled nicely but over the course of our first year it washed down the county rd. If your able to check out the facebook page you will see that most of this area is all sand and being sand it just washes away with the rain and covers up anything we put down.

cjgunrange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
R3dline

What makes us different from the other ranges like banner (i love banner and use to love tbirds). Besides stating the obvious we are the only current public outdoor range in the area. Unless you like Lexington or want to pay a membership fee. When tbirds was shutting down I spoke with Ken about what he would have done different he suggested memberships instead of daily shooters. We offer cheaper membership rates with family add on's and access for daily shooters. The difference is our willingness to work with people and companies.

That willingness has attracted companies like Hailey Ordnance which now uses us as there home range. They supply steel targets for everyone to use, like dueling trees, gongs, ect. They also bring out there test platforms and full auto rifles for the public to play around with.

We do not go by the 1 or 2 second rule between shots. We do allow rapid fire, full auto, and combat style move and shooting on our range. Basically your allowed to do many things a typical range discourages. Your allowed to bring your toys just so long as its approved by us. We still do not allow tannerite though lol.

Are we a mom and pop range? ABSOLUTELY, the range is ran and owned by my wife and myself we are not bound. We work with our customers on special requests. We listen to what they want to do or see happen.

Yes we are different, Yes we are a very young range and Yes we are definitely a work in progress. Can we improve oh yeah without a doubt.

Price is $10 per day per shooter or a 1 year membership for $120 which you can add your spouse or children for $25 each.

Last edited:

cjgunrange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I brink a steel target out?

We do allow people to bring there steel so long as its mounted at a 20* downward angle and not flinging ricochets at our neighbors. I would need to take a look at it first. Hanging by chain didn't work out so well and caused issues.

We already have steel if you want to check it out before bringing your own.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do allow people to bring there steel so long as its mounted at a 20* downward angle and not flinging ricochets at our neighbors. I would need to take a look at it first. Hanging by chain didn't work out so well and caused issues.

We already have steel if you want to check it out before bringing your own.
What kind of issue? Mine are hanging at 20* by chains but I have not gotten to try it yet.

cjgunrange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of issue? Mine are hanging at 20* by chains but I have not gotten to try it yet.

Issues for us included people shooting the chains off and continuing to fire with out fixing or resetting. Another big issue was that people would just throw the steel targets on to the berms or just stick them in the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom