Calling All 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at that one about a dozen times.
It’s a really good looking 1911.
I bet the sight picture is great with the fiber optic front.

Yeah...I watched it for a while but my lack of impulse control finally got the better of me. This is one of the nicest, tightest Kimber pistols I've ever seen. For an entry-level, production gun the fit and finish is really, really good.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this from my Uncle years ago. Had A good 1911 gunsmith replace a few worn parts. Shoots great now! WWII Remington Rand. I have a few original ( chest and hip ) leather holsters, some leather and green canvas mag pouches, and a bunch of magazines for it.
20211103_112028.jpg
20211103_100109.jpg

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kimber is a 9MM, lightweight frame.
The thing about this one that is so important to me is that it’s an alloy frame 5in pistol.
When you shoot an alloy 5 side by side with a lw commander you won’t believe the difference in muzzle rise and sight track. An aluminum 5 shoots a lot like a steel gun and the alloy commander is a hand full.
Now I’m referring to 45’s running full power ammo, the 9mm’s all feel like a 22lr conversions.
They are great fun to shoot.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm constantly on the lookout for a nice Colt LW Commander 70 series. Haven't found the right one yet.
A building engineer I worked with brought me what he called “dads 45” to detail strip, clean and test fire. Turned out to be a first year Colt LW Commander I think his pops purchased it in 1950-51. Upon unboxing, the original plastic grip panels disintegrated in my hands.
Lots of light, fine browning of rust on the metal parts. The grip screw bushings rusted in place.
Frame had an odd aqua blue tint.
I cleaned, buffed, oil rubbed it back to like new condition.
Got the old bushings out and posed him this,
You want reproduction grips from Numrich or would you like ivory instead?
He went with the ivory ones I had.
It had been fired but probably less than 50.
I did everything I could to purchase that pistol but I couldn’t talk him out of it.
He insisted that I test fire it so 7 rounds of Winchester white box went down range.
I’ve never found a 1911 I wanted that badly.
Oh well that’s been 10 yrs ago, he retired and his boy hated guns.
It probably wound up in a pawn shop for $100

Latest posts

Top Bottom